mixing/controllerism jam session over the internet - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

I will!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Looks really good.

I will join the team, cheering for this great idea

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I'd like to be in on this, but I need to find my camera andfigure out how to set it up for this
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

We are actually looking at some other options we can go down, i am not so sure the stickam page is totally right for us - the chat room only appears to be available when someone is logged into the DJTT account. On top of that the chat room has to be moderated 24/7 to change the 6 people who can cam at a single time. I am pretty sure we can do a lot better than this.

Am thinking that latency would be a huge problem with sending raw audio in a collaborative way, but what if...

I started (but unfortunately did not finish cos my C++ skills were crap back then) as a Uni project a TCP/IP wrapper around the MIDI protocol. The bits I did get working were way cool though. So how about maybe some way of hooking into the messages sent by Traktor (to it's NMX files) and sending those via TCP/IP. A lot less bandwidth and you could get a timecode in there as well.

Just a thought... would need hooks into Traktor for that to work. Anyone from NI read this?
    The revolution will not be sent as an email attachment

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    We are actually looking at some other options we can go down, i am not so sure the stickam page is totally right for us - the chat room only appears to be available when someone is logged into the DJTT account. On top of that the chat room has to be moderated 24/7 to change the 6 people who can cam at a single time. I am pretty sure we can do a lot better than this.
    Well to start off...we should just have set times where we know people will be on.

And on a side note, is there any way to feed our screens onto a webcam service? So you can see whats going on in traktor over the internet?
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

Well, I might be testing some sound server application this week. But this is all sounds and no visuals.

More on it as the story develops.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345