Akai MPD24 / MPC500
    Tech Convert

Default Akai MPD24 / MPC500

Hi,

New to the forums, and i quite like them indeed.
    i had a quick question for all of you, im looking at buying a new set of pads
    previously owned the Trigger Finger, broke... :/

I was hesitating between MPD24 and LPD8 since the 24's are not that more expensive i considered having more pads/options weight being of no relevance for now as i will probably purchase both of these in the future. Then i saw the relatively new MPC500 since i do a lot of train/subway/bus travel in Montreal [were i live ] i though it would be great to make beats on the fly and still be able to plug it via my sound card/usb in my computer.

Tell me what you think, it would be lighter without having to allways have one of my alienwares with me.

**another possibility would be the new XR20 from akai as i will mostly be making beats**
    Last edited by sknkQc; 01-29-2010 at 04:04 PM.

Maybe chicago is just a lot more violent city but I wouldn't expect NOT to be relieved of my possessions toting an mpc on the bus/train

Tech Convert

I ain't really worried about that, most people wouldn't know what that would be.
    And i live in Canada lol, Montreal is quite safe compared to chicago.

Just would like to know practical wise since i've never owned an MPC/Drummachine, which would i get the most out of for the price and
    best for portability

The 500 is nice, but fairly limited. It would in fact do what you're looking for. I wouldn't bother with the XR20. It's got some nice sounds, but doesn't sample. I played with it for an hour in Guitar Center and was already tired of the sounds.

Get a 500 and download the XR20 sound bank I can forward you a DL link if you need.

Tech Convert

thanks mate !!! would gladly appreciate!