OT: Making extra cash
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    Tech Guru Lambox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,238

    Default OT: Making extra cash

    I need to figure out a way to make some extra money on the side. I'm a full time college student living in the dorms, and there happens to be absolutely zero jobs on or around campus that haven't already been filled.

    I got by before while I was between jobs by selling some old guitar stuff on craigslist, but I'm 250 miles from my house, so I really have nothing to sell.

    I'm looking for legimate, fairly simple ways to make money. I don't need "livable" income, if I could make an extra $5 or $10 every now and then, I'd be in much better shape than I am now.

    I thought about writing from blogs or doing some kind of freelance writing, but I don't know.

    Any suggestions?!?
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

    Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

  2. #2
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Next to a canal in England.
    Posts
    8,957

    Default

    Phone Sex.

  3. #3
    Tech Guru sj03w4t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    827

    Default

    Obvious: throw your own parties!

  4. #4
    Tech Guru Lambox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    Already went the phone sex route. It was too awkward when people I knew (ie: friends, family members, teachers, etc) called in.

    Definitely not enough space in my room to throw anything close to a party. At least I know I would have a guaranteed gig dj-ing. lol
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

    Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

  5. #5
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Talk to all the party people you know and tell them you'll DJ parties. Have them tell their friends too.

  6. #6
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Next to a canal in England.
    Posts
    8,957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lambox View Post
    Already went the phone sex route. It was too awkward when people I knew (ie: friends, family members, teachers, etc) called in.
    Awesome reply... we still on for my usual midnight call.:eek:

    Not wanting to sound like Napoleon Dynamite but 'what skills do you have'
    Want can you do that others would pay for.

  7. #7
    Tech Guru Lambox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Awesome reply... we still on for my usual midnight call.:eek:

    Not wanting to sound like Napoleon Dynamite but 'what skills do you have'
    Want can you do that others would pay for.
    I figured that midnight call was implied and went without saying... :eek:

    Lol I don't know. I like to think that I'm a fairly good writer, which is why I thought about taking up that freelance option. But I'm not sure.
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

    Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

  8. #8
    Tech Guru BestLegsinHD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    571

    Default

    i'm in the same position. look for call centers in your area. thats really easy work. the ones i used to work at let me do my homework there.

    deal drugs.

    on campus job? i tried that but the pay was way too low and so were the hours.
    club/bar photography? my g/f does this and gets paid a buttload and gets free drinks

  9. #9
    Tech Guru Archies'bald's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lambox View Post
    I figured that midnight call was implied and went without saying... :eek:

    Lol I don't know. I like to think that I'm a fairly good writer, which is why I thought about taking up that freelance option. But I'm not sure.
    What are you studying? Is there any way of transferring those skills?

  10. #10
    Tech Guru Lambox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by munizj View Post
    i'm in the same position. look for call centers in your area. thats really easy work. the ones i used to work at let me do my homework there.

    deal drugs.

    on campus job? i tried that but the pay was way too low and so were the hours.
    club/bar photography? my g/f does this and gets paid a buttload and gets free drinks
    Definitely the right market to be dealing drugs, its a shame I don't have the money to make the initial investment. lol.

    There really aren't any jobs left on campus that I'm aware of, I worked at the college I went to previously, and the work was super easy, but the hours weren't so hot. I think I typically worked less than 10 hours a week.

    Quote Originally Posted by Archies'bald View Post
    What are you studying? Is there any way of transferring those skills?
    I'm still undecided. I took a lot of English courses in the past and I've always been good at writing when I want to (modesty aside) so I've been trying to see if there's something I can do with that.
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

    Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •