Already have a sampler question...
    Tech Wizard

Default Already have a sampler question...

I already have a Akai MPC 5000 Sampler... just hooking it up to my mixer via rca cables ... here's the question: should I hook it up through midi thru my mixer(behringher ddm4000)? now i am thinking about getting the Native Instruments Maschine to work with Traktor Scratch Pro and my CDJ1000MKIII, thus how would I hook-up everything as well as record thru Traktor?

Thanks All...
    Chris aka DJ Panic

why the need to send midi from the mpc to the ddm4000?, it's not like traktor is a daw like ableton for example where you could sequence the mpc or sequence from the mpc.

if you wanted to use some midi controls on the mixer to control things on the mpc i guess but why?

for your second question, mpc into mixer, deck outputs from audio8 into mixer--->use a mixer main out into spare line-input on audio8, the machine is a controller via usb

that's if you want to mix out of the box.

Tech Wizard

So... Traktor Maschine to usb(laptop), then Midi the MPC to the Maschine? ... then I can control the Sampler from the Maschine too ? Cause I am going only run 3 decks cause the 4th is my record(out 7 & out 8 channel) to record back into Traktor? correct me if i am wrong.... Thanks !!!
    much appreciative!!!

Chris aka DJ Panic

I don't know alot about the maschine so i did some searching:

Maschine: It Has Hardware MIDI (Sort Of)

I’m only going to say one thing about Maschine: it has hardware MIDI inputs and outputs. A number of folks missed this yesterday.

This to me is a big deal, because Maschine is a really strong sequencer. I still want software MIDI output, so I can drop Maschine as an instance in Kore (or Live, for that matter) and drive soft synths or Reaktor patches or whatever. But while we’re not getting that in 1.0, we are getting MIDI output, so it could be an excuse to drive hardware synths.

Unfortunately, here’s the current situation: the MIDI output ports are only used when the Maschine is in controller mode. You have to be plugged into the computer to use that mode, because Maschine relies on the computer driver for MIDI output. And the sequencer can’t currently transmit out on the MIDI jack. So you do get controller features – meaning you could use as a controller for a hardware sound source, which is good. But as with software MIDI, we aren’t getting real output yet for the sequencer. I’m holding out hope we’ll see this in an update, which is possible – that’s the advantage of doing everything in software.
    from: http://createdigitalmusic.com/2009/0...esnt-need-max/

so it sounds like yes, you would go maschine midi out to mpc midi-in, and know the limitations of the what the machine with output via midi at this time.

could you reword your second question? i don't understand what you are asking.

Tech Wizard

I was going to run four decks but I can only run three, because don't i need output 7 & 8 to be an out for recording in traktor?

are you thinking of using that stereo out as a main out?

If you wired it as i suggested in the earlier post then you would use main out of the mixer into one of the stereo ins of the audio8.

Tech Wizard

and also Before I usb (Maschine) into laptop, Would there be any sense that I could either MIDI The MPC 5000 or the Maschine into the audio 8 Midi connection?