Ex-SSL'er going midi, need advice

Default Ex-SSL'er going midi, need advice

Thanks in advance for help. So the mixers, decks, and SL1 are in the process of finding new homes. Looking at the VCI-100. Would like to use with Vista 64-bit OS laptop. Would also like to update the firmware, looking for mobile scratchin device ya know. Anyone got thoughts or experience on success or problems with similar system. ASUS G-1, 4 G Ram, vista home premium 64-bit. It appears as far as I can tell that mixvibes is the one software that "supposedly" works in 64 bit. So concidering getting the 100 MV edition. Anyone?? Good or bad idea??? Also, I have no firewire on laptop so sound card advice mOST helpful.

Sorry if post in wrong place couldn't find similar..

Why are you going with Vista 64-bit?

I think you're actually hurting yourself in the long run...you said it yourself: you're having a tough time even finding apps that support it!

As far as USB sound cards go, check out the Audio8 from Native Instruments. It's one of the best USB sound cards on the market.

VST support for 64bit is very very weak too So if you ever plan on using them you should go the 32bit route.

Default Using the laptop for Adobe Premeire Pro Also

I use this machine for APP also, and the program works great as it is. Don't really wanna fool around with it. Trying to avoid having a bunch of different computers to lug around, but I will if I have to. So is the consensus just get another laptop??

Yeah...you know, I think it's always a good idea to keep your performance machine just as it is: a performance machine. I think that most people will agree with me on this.

Um, is it just me or are there a lot of EX-SSL people showing up around here lately?

Welcome!