Laws about underage performers in clubs? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

All depends on the establishment. I worked at a club in NYC that would let anyone we vouched for under 21, and I've worked at places where it didn't matter who you are or what you wanted, if they were under 21 they weren't getting in.

Unless the bouncer said you could.

Moral of the story, make friends with the bouncers.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

i don't think it's much about the legal side of playing under age, it's just not going in your favour if you are - as there are so many reasons promoters and owners have to fob off the thousands of DJs asking for gigs in some places - and that's just another valid one. I'm sure if you convince anyone that you're good enough (ie have chart topping production success on beatport..) they'd let you in, but there's not muuch point in trying otherwise.

Id recommend (hugely) DJing at underage nights if there are any, or if not and you have enough time (and want it enough) to promote your own.. you can book big names, get yourself exposure, play at decent places, do it for charity, and start early. takes a lot of time and effort though, and you have to be popular./be able to pull a decent crowd.. just a thought!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12