Traktor Vs. Serato... I'm stuck in the middle
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor Vs. Serato... I'm stuck in the middle

so i sold my vestax vci-300 and picked up a behringer ddm4000...

but now i find myself in a road.. to go serato or traktor scratch.... traktor is a good deal cheaper... but i have been spoiled by the colored graphs of serato.. helping me understand even songs i have not yet heard!!!!

does anyone know if traktor will be getting any colored graphics or anything of the sort??

and can you used serato time coded vinyl with traktor??

you cannot use traktor with serato vinyl and why would you wanna do that traktor has to 2khz on their vinyl... way better than serato though I do like serato timecode feels just like vinyl traktor has a different feel for some reason.?? haha back to topic...

y did u sell your vci 300 u didn't like itch? yeah I like the serato wave form colors..

sometimes it's hard to choose what dvs is best for you.. just go with what feels right and has everything you need....
    2xTECHS/DJM4/TF/SL3/MBPRO

sold the VCI-300 because its been having a terrible skip problem... and i brought that mixer with me to the club/bar i played at.. and it skipped on me 3 times in one night... it was not good....

and i've been recently learning how to scratch.. so i guess that could kind of solve me answer...

i just found a really good deal on traktor scratch for 280 .. its used.. but i don't care thats a great deal..

while serato.. the best deal i find is 400 dollars used =/

another question i don't know if you could answer... the Behringer ddm-4000 has midi and tks files that go with traktor .... if i hooked up some turntables to the ddm4000 w the time coded vinyl's would traktor be able to use those as well.. or just mixer? i'm going to assume the answer is no... haha
    Last edited by djfingerblast; 02-04-2010 at 12:41 AM.

I would use both and invest in Traktor Scatch. Just download serato and use a friends box. plus must clubs have serato ready dj booths. Plus you can you the serato to traktor tool to import all your creates....Im just saying.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

ya i was thinking of doing that... my other friend has a vestax vci-300 as well.. and the bar/club i play at doesnt use serato at all =/ ... all their dj's are strickly cdj only

i was shocked to see both dj booths upstairs and down had shat equipment.. i think i'm going to request they buy a damn SL1

i may just do traktor scratch and save my pennies to get serato later down the road.... because i still need to buy turntables.. and buying serato would set me back at least another week because of its price...

I would get the audio 4 traktor scratch duo and later down the line getting the sl1 from craigslist

i found a traktor scratch pro box with cables and cd's for 200 dollars locally... just pick up some traktor timecode and vinyls and i'll be good

nice, I really dont use timecodes, but I have to carry traktor and serato, just in case

erm i meant traktor timecoded vinyl's....

i see used sl1 boxes go for 300-325 in this area....

200 for TSP is a steal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast