Opinions on VCI-300 and Traktor scratching?

Default Opinions on VCI-300 and Traktor scratching?

I hear the VCI-300's high resolution, larger jog wheels make it great for scratching in Itch. I currently use the Stanton SCS.3D for scratching in Traktor, and although it has good resolution... I'd like larger platters, and the touch-sensitive idea is not ideal for long scratches.

I am considering the VCI-300 for the jog wheels for use in Traktor (I would use Serato, but I want to use my pad control and my SCS.3d's and SCS.3M still to control other parameters. How good is the VCI-300 for scratching, beat juggling, track seeking, etc.?

Thank you

Tech Guru

The problem is that Traktor 1.2.4 doesn't support high resolution jog wheel signals, only faders and pots from what I hear. You would need to use a MIDI signal translator to even use the VCI-300 on Traktor. The soundcard I hear also doesn't work with anything else but Itch. I thought about it before, but the questionable issues and quality left me looking elsewhere lol.

Thanks mmauve! I heard this before about the VCI-300, but I thought it would have been fixed in 1.2.4. That's a shame it's not. That's the main reason I was considering it too... Oh well..

I don't think that's true about only itch being able to use the soundcard. I've got an ns7 and I am able to use the outputs on it for ableton, etc...