New VCI-100 Owner help (soundcard)
    Tech Student

Default New VCI-100 Owner help (soundcard)

Hey guys new to the forums and new to the vci-100. So far been just been learning how to use this thing with various mappings. I think when i have some time, i will upgrade to the 1.3 FW and get an overlay because after watching some vids it looks very nice.

My question that i know has been answered a few times (been reading all over the forums) is what sound card to buy. I watched the video that ean gold did that suggests which ones to buy but it seems a little out dated and I am still confused as to what i personally need from my soundcard.

Basically my setup is,

Macbook 13inch
    Vci-100
    Axiom-25 (wont be used for djing)

I want to start DJing parties, and hopefully start getting into clubs later.

If i want to have headphone cueing abilities would the audio 2 DJ be enough for what i need? If i understand correctly, it will allow me to plug in my headphones to one input, and speakers would go in the other input? Would this still give me the ability to scratch between two tracks or what i need the audio 4 for that? Also is the audio 2 dj the best card i can get for the price( not looking for top end just something that will sound decent and let me start practicing djing)

Sorry if this sounds like a confusing question, just started to get into djing and im sure i made the right decision on the vci-100 but im just still lost on what sound card to get and dont ant to waste money on the wrong one.

Also im having problems installing TSP1.2.4 installer keeps crashing right before its finished saying theres an error, tried redownloading, read it has to do with incomaptibility with Snow leopard??? Any help would be appreciated.

Tech Student

oh btw just to make sure you guys no my macbook has NO firewire so only USB soundcards

Yes the audio 2 dj is perfect for you. It's cheap, high quality and portable. It allows headphone cueing in the way you mentioned.
    I'm not exactly sure what you mean with 'allow me to scratch in between songs', but if you could clear that up then I'm sure me or someone else here can help you.

Also, welcome and remember to read the f.a.q