DJ Desolous - PROMO.MIX.MMVIII (EBM, Harsh EBM / Aggrotech mix) - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

He is going to finally log back on and go WTF?.

I am listening to the mix now btw. lol

Love the build up! Overall a great mix.
    Last edited by Foreverhex; 10-06-2008 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Updating
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Holy shit, lot to respond to... OK, let's get some things out of the way.... I hate Dead Stars, Military Fashion Show, and while I like Chrome, I don't want to hear it out in the club so much. I didn't really want to state on my first mix I put up that I hate those tracks, but I really do, LOL.

I made this mix primarily to give to local promoters here in Las Vegas, NV to show that I can play the stuff the crowd likes, but move into the harsher stuff (I still don't get as hard as I like in this mix).

My preference to play is C/A/T, Slayv Axis, config.sys, soman, noisuf-x, not to mention french hardcore/speedcore, noisecore, noise in general, dark ambient, etc.

On the lighter end of things, old school techno, ragga jungle (the dnb term never sat well with me, being an old school raver from 92 on up and ultimately dropping out of that scene in 97, originally from LA).

The only night that's friendly to harsher music (and I'm sure he would play harsher stuff if the crowd allowed for it) is Vector, which is run by Rev. DJ Razorslave.

And as far as a mega mix, I'd be more than down to do something.
    Last edited by DJdesolous; 10-06-2008 at 07:56 PM.

So much for telling you guys that i made an extended remix of military fashion show....j/k

I really like the songs, but I hear you guys in where the songs are played out. I dont go to alot of goth-industrial club here in L.A. cuz Im dj-ing alot more now. But I seen the set list and those songs never fail to appear every week.

Hey I would like to jump in and have a mix session with you guys. How about 4 Dj's 18 min mixes sound? Why 18 min? It gives everyone the chance to play 4 - 5 tracks plus it allows to have a decent break for the next dj to mix in!
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

I guess I could think of worse songs to mix. I got everyone worked up. Just being obnoxious. lol

I could see 18 minutes being ok. I think DvlsAdvct was wanting basically that but split up more so that the mix is always moving to each of our styles. But none the less, 18 makes it 72mins. CD fit-able.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Exactly. If there are four of us, then have two sets of 9 minutes. We each can play around 3-4 songs per set if we implement our controllerism (see my 4 songs in the DJTechTools mega mix) and then take this stuff to a DJ level.

Like I said, get it printed up and get a bunch of copies made to give out at clubs.

Maybe plan a world tour? ;-)
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Who would want to start off? Also, rules as far as recording go? I imagine FLAC would be the best format to go with. I'm assuming everyone has webspace available to upload the files to once done and the next person can grab and add to it.

I've just recently (actually just the other day) started making a few copies to give out to the relatively small scene here in Vegas, but I plan on making a trek out to LA to hit up Das Bunker and anything else going on soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Exactly. If there are four of us, then have two sets of 9 minutes. We each can play around 3-4 songs per set if we implement our controllerism (see my 4 songs in the DJTechTools mega mix) and then take this stuff to a DJ level.

Like I said, get it printed up and get a bunch of copies made to give out at clubs.

Maybe plan a world tour? ;-)

I don't have webspace but I can just use mega-upload if we need it.

Should we record in FLAC? I mean, I'd say just stick to WAV, but the file will get fucking huge at an hour.

Rules... We decide an order, and a length.

4 DJs, 18 minutes each = 72 minutes (we're gonna have to be really careful, so maybe 8 minutes first set and 9 minutes second set so it can fit on a CD. Also, if I provide 9 or 10 minutes, feel free to cut it up and stuff so it fits)
    So I say we do two sets of 9 minutes each so we can get a good mix going.

Whoever starts will probably be dictating the tempo range, so we go with that.

So... record and provide in .WAV, 9 minutes each, try to keep the total at 72 minutes?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

i can provide you a login/PW to upload any files necessary via FTP on my abhorrent-existence.com server.

That would work, I always use zshare. But yes, the file will get huge.

Okay, so how do we decide the order?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast