FX on individual drum hits Logic. (couple of other Q's)
    Tech Guru

Default FX on individual drum hits Logic. (couple of other Q's)

I have always used Logic since I started messing around with making music. I had a PC for a while and so was forced to use ableton (not that its a bad thing). I am now back with a Mac so running Logic again. I love Logic cos I can fly around really quick, but there's a few things I miss from ableton that I was wondering if they can be done in logic without spending ages trying to achieve the same results.
    Firstly, the main thing is putting FX on individual drums. Say I got a kit in the EXS24 and I want to put reverb on just the snare, can someone tell me the quickest way around going about it. In ableton you could do it by putting a plug in on the snare alone, I can't think how I'd do it in logic without putting the snare alone on a different track.
    Next question is pitching, ableton is super fast. Whats the quickest way in logic, Im guessing everyone is gonna say time stretching. Is there a quicker, less destructive way? If you time stretch it effects the original sample. I'm looking for a way like how ableton works. I dont want to put a sample into the EXS24 and just pitch it up cos that effects the speed of the sample. I basically want to be able keep the same speed but just change the pitch.

Any help appreciated

Cheers

You could Bounce your Samples just straight audio and work with them that way.

or what you are probably looking for is covered really well in this youtube tutorial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C203hrFYKfs

Enjoy
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Tech Guru

That, my boy, is exactly what I was looking for. Legend of the game. Cheers.

No Prob bob.

I was looking for the same thing a bit ago. I love the Logic Plugins but hated not having control over individual samples etc...

but then through the magic of youtube I discovered I did
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .