new track: I need (Work In Progress)

Default new track: I need (Work In Progress)

Hey guys. I have a new track here, but it still needs something. Criticism greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Tech Guru

Nice basis of a tune there. Really nice vox. You're right tho, it does need something more. Personally I'd say get some mid range melody going on. You got the bottom end bass and the high end with all the high hats vocals, getting something going on in the middle. Also maybe fuck the drums up a bit more, get them glitching out at the end of a few phrases for fills or what ever.
    Definitely feeling it tho, good work! I'm shit at chopping vox to sound like that.

I like that idea. Right now I only have variations of the drums every 16 bars and it could definitely use it every 8. I like the idea of the melody in the middle I'm just very nervous to overload it.

And chopping up the vocals was pretty easy. I found a sample I liked and then you can have ableton splice the sample in to it's sampler which I used. Then I just EQed it and added some reverb.

Tech Guru

Are you running PC or Mac? If you're running PC download the glitch plug in (its free, but PC only here http://illformed.org/plugins/glitch/), and get that working your drums, but remember less is more with that thing. It's definately all about those little hyper edits tho, snares spinning off into the distance and shit. Listen to some glitch mob drums for inspiration, that's the kinda direction you're on right now, just not as heavy and more of a garage type vibe.
    It's better to try out shit to go in the middle to see what it sounds like instead of being too nervous and not doing anything. If you don't like it take it out.
    Last edited by dodge; 02-08-2010 at 01:35 PM.

For sure. Unfortunately I'm on the mac. I could probably program it manually especially considering I just sort of want it for the fills.

Tech Guru

Yeah, how ever you feel comfortable. There ones out there for mac too, I just know of that one being free.