vst/i drums

Thread: vst/i drums

Tech Wizard

Default vst/i drums

i'm very new at using FLS. wondering how can i get new drum kits for FLS? i'm really not feeling the stock drum kits and i'm kinda confused on making them from scratch. basically i dont what to look for when buying vst and vsti's. i just wish for some new drum kits to play with. can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Last edited by end1; 02-08-2010 at 06:17 PM. Reason: edit: my first post was a bunch of ramble. tried to clear it up.

You can load in new Samples to your Audio Sample Device (Channels > Add One > Audio Sample ) is one way

There are tons of plug-ins in there.

http://www.warbeats.com has alot of great tutorials on working with FLS.

NFX or Acephincter on youtube have tons of basic to advanced tutorials as well
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Tech Wizard

@jasonj, thanks for posting up. i'll check what you said. i thought my question was going to be ignored. youtube has been my best friend for learning. i watch a few almost everyday.

Yeah I do the same as well.

No matter how proficient you get at your software I find that even going back through vids you always pick up and learn more.

Searching Producer Masterclass on youtube has some good vids that giv you basic mixing techniques that are employable in every DAW
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Tech Wizard

hey jasonj, right on for pointing me to the warbeats site. i've watch a few of NFX's tutorials on youtube before. but i learned some new things on the website. thanks!

does Battery work with FLS? if so, i highly highly recommend it
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition