Jog Wheels(Vci 100) And Traktor Pro

Default Jog Wheels(Vci 100) And Traktor Pro

This is my first post so I hope it's in the right section.
    Anyway...

I was hoping someone here could give me a hand with mapping out my jog wheels in Traktor Pro. I'm just looking for a way to map the default functions that come with most mappings (Interior is for scratching, cdj on the side). I tried importing tsi files that had the wheels already mapped out and then looking at how it was done but I couldn't seem to replicate it correctly in my own mapping. I've mapped out all the effects, eq, hotcues, etc. This is the last bit.

Could someone give me some steps or a few screenshots? Maybe an Url. (Sooo close to being done!)

Thanks a bunch.
    -Akris

Yeah, i wish i knew... i had to copy someone elses mapping and delete everything apart from the jog wheels to make my mapping...

you can download it here if that helps ;-)

http://www.maxonemusic.com/tsi-files-vci-100/
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

You've hinted at it, but the way I generally look at mappings is to make a new command in an existing mapping, then "learn" the midi function of the button that I'm trying to figure out, i.e. learn that jog wheels are cc. 18 or whatever they happen to be. Once I've done this, I'll sort the list by midi note, which then lets me see all the functions mapped to that particular note (for example, what does a particular jog wheel do?). Pay attention to modifiers here though - they reflect things like the shift button or FX mode, so if you copy the commands without modifiers, your wheel will do everything at once.

From a quick glance at the DJTT file, the main function of the jog wheel seems to be Jog Scratch + Tempo bend. The key though is to make sure that the other settings of the command match, i.e. the fact that the control is an encoder, and that it is in 3Fh/41h mode. Experiment with these settings (or match them) until you get your desired result.

Yeah, I was hoping to learn how it works without just using someone else's Tsi and then adding in my own commands. I've played around with the Jog Scratch+Tempo Bend function (On 3fh/41h) mode and it's still not working out for me. What commands did they use in the dj techtools mappings? I looked in there but with all 4 decks and such it was difficult to figure out what they were doing. There's gotta be a tutorial somewhere...

doesn't the 'vinyl mode' button change the cc of the jog wheels aswell? tried remapping that as something else ages ago and it all went very very wrong, so left it as is.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

It does but I've left it unmapped and tried having it set to scratch in the mappings but still no dice...
    I thought it'd be better to make my own mappings, surely someone out there thought the same and figured out this jog wheel thing. Unless using other peoples Tsi's is more common.

Quote Originally Posted by Akris View Post
    It does but I've left it unmapped and tried having it set to scratch in the mappings but still no dice...
    I thought it'd be better to make my own mappings, surely someone out there thought the same and figured out this jog wheel thing. Unless using other peoples Tsi's is more common.
    there's a tsi on vestax website, and one comes with traktor, so i think alot of people start there.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Alright. I took their Tsi and stole the commands from it. I also tried the Tsi merger but it didn't work so I combined the two manually. But it works now. Thanks for sending that simple Tsi. The dj tech tools ones are a little more complicated as more functions are designated to the jog wheels.

:3