Allen & Heath Xone:DX with Traktor?

Default Allen & Heath Xone:DX with Traktor?

Has anyone tried mapping a new A&H DX to Traktor?

Tech Wizard

does anyone actually have an a&h DX?

heya djryandre my friend whose a representative in asia region for allen and heith is doing testings for the dx with traktor i believe he does have the tsi for it but still in beta testing but i believe that portion was told to be taken in his website but if you want any info just email him.

hello everyone. hi pollux(!) -

i do have a xone:dx which is sorted to work with traktor already, and unfortunately had to take down the tsi for the time being. once the product actually comes to market we'll be able to let the beast out. without the dx the mapping will just let you look at the hundreds of parameters i had to map...

i just finished a new mapping last night that is a very literal translation of the control labels on the dx to work sensibly with traktor 1.2.3+... it has a few nice tricks as well, like being able to switch the lf knob to become the deck hp/lp filter, auto-revealing the right windows relative to the function being used, etc. many of the ideas came from my map for the xone:4d... access to a lot of the features that traktor has which are not relevant to the labels show up in ergonomic locations relative to the existing gui... it should make sense when you see it.

it's a very solid solution. the two-way midi control is nice, with a decent amount of feedback from the led's. it took a long time to map everything out, but totally worth the effort. what is very nice about the dx is that it operates on 5 midi channels - by creating a mapping with each channel as a different device in the preferences, you gain a full set of modifiers with each channel. that means each deck (and the "mixer" section) have 8 modifiers for all the tricks and layer mods you can think of...

as a random side note, i remember there was a mention about the buttons being long travel or something like that in a video review. to clarify this - the buttons only need to travel 2mm before sending the trigger, so the rest of the travel is springy stuff for a quick rebound. possibly not what video game players want, but still very quick to engage.

hit me up direct if you want some further info...
    Last edited by mix architekt; 02-10-2010 at 04:01 AM.

ooopssss i forgot to put the link kekekekeke

http://www.mixarchitekt.com/

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by mix architekt View Post
    hello everyone. hi pollux(!) -

i do have a xone:dx which is sorted to work with traktor already, and unfortunately had to take down the tsi for the time being. once the product actually comes to market we'll be able to let the beast out. without the dx the mapping will just let you look at the hundreds of parameters i had to map...

i just finished a new mapping last night that is a very literal translation of the control labels on the dx to work sensibly with traktor 1.2.3+... it has a few nice tricks as well, like being able to switch the lf knob to become the deck hp/lp filter, auto-revealing the right windows relative to the function being used, etc. many of the ideas came from my map for the xone:4d... access to a lot of the features that traktor has which are not relevant to the labels show up in ergonomic locations relative to the existing gui... it should make sense when you see it.

it's a very solid solution. the two-way midi control is nice, with a decent amount of feedback from the led's. it took a long time to map everything out, but totally worth the effort. what is very nice about the dx is that it operates on 5 midi channels - by creating a mapping with each channel as a different device in the preferences, you gain a full set of modifiers with each channel. that means each deck (and the "mixer" section) have 8 modifiers for all the tricks and layer mods you can think of...

as a random side note, i remember there was a mention about the buttons being long travel or something like that in a video review. to clarify this - the buttons only need to travel 2mm before sending the trigger, so the rest of the travel is springy stuff for a quick rebound. possibly not what video game players want, but still very quick to engage.

hit me up direct if you want some further info...

more info pleaseeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am waiting my xone dx and i would like to work with traktor pro

Quote Originally Posted by DjNito View Post
    more info pleaseeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am waiting my xone dx and i would like to work with traktor pro
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7513