HELP: Consistency Check and Relocating Multiple Tracks

Default HELP: Consistency Check and Relocating Multiple Tracks

There are a whole mess load of tracks that seem to be missing, but they really just need to be relocated. If I highlight all my music, click on the consistency check, then do a relocate, can I just pick my main music folder? Will it find and match all the right songs etc? For some reason I am missing like 400+ tracks, but they are all there really... I just don't want songs to get overwritten and linked to the wrong songs. How accurate is this and does it work? Would I be better off just deleting my whole collection and going back and importing my whoe itunes back into my collection?

Thanks guys.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Lance best way to do this is right/ctrl click on the Track Collection Node and do Consistency Check.

It will scan your whole default music directory and tell you exactly how many tunes are missing and there will be a Relocate Option.

It will then re-scan and match up the missing tunes. It will take a LONG time if you have a large collection but this is the best way to do it rather than highlighting the missing tunes which (imho) isnt always 100%.
    Better to use the Consistency Checker rather than just the relocate function in the browser.

The last update to iTunes made 1,400 tracks go missing from my collection but Consistency Checker found 100% of them.

K

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Lance best way to do this is right/ctrl click on the Track Collection Node and do Consistency Check.

It will scan your whole default music directory and tell you exactly how many tunes are missing and there will be a Relocate Option.

It will then re-scan and match up the missing tunes. It will take a LONG time if you have a large collection but this is the best way to do it rather than highlighting the missing tunes which (imho) isnt always 100%.
    Better to use the Consistency Checker rather than just the relocate function in the browser.

The last update to iTunes made 1,400 tracks go missing from my collection but Consistency Checker found 100% of them.

K

I was hoping you would answer this... I saw you posting on this topic over in the NI forums. Thanks. yeah basically the recent iTunes update really screwed me over!!!

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

What did it do? I'm kind of avoiding it this time aroudn.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    What did it do? I'm kind of avoiding it this time aroudn.
    It just made all of my tracks not found by Traktor.

Tech Guru

Son of a bitch!!, I've been trying to figure out how to do this for a while. I just found new appreciation for iTunes.