I'm new and need guidance.
    Tech Student

Default I'm new and need guidance.

Hello, I've been wanting to actually produce some of my own stuff recently and I just got a new laptop and I have a copy of Traktor 3 and want to get started. I'm quite confused about how to make a start on becoming familiar with the software, and wanted some advice on how to go about doing that. I have a friend that is willing to help me learn. He primarily uses Ableton Live, but should be able to help a little. Any good sources for learning the software interface other than just dinking around a lot?
    Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by roni911 View Post
    Hello, I've been wanting to actually produce some of my own stuff recently and I just got a new laptop and I have a copy of Traktor 3 and want to get started. I'm quite confused about how to make a start on becoming familiar with the software, and wanted some advice on how to go about doing that. I have a friend that is willing to help me learn. He primarily uses Ableton Live, but should be able to help a little. Any good sources for learning the software interface other than just dinking around a lot?
    Thanks in advance!
    Traktor is for DJing, so it's not the right program for you since you are trying to produce. You need a DAW program like Logic, Live, Reason, CueBase, the list goes on. But take a look into one of those programs.

if you load a sample/loop into each deck you could do a 4 deck routine. almost producing, but more old skool

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBlaise View Post
    Traktor is for DJing, so it's not the right program for you since you are trying to produce. You need a DAW program like Logic, Live, Reason, CueBase, the list goes on. But take a look into one of those programs.
    +1

There is a production section of the forums where you can seek better info about producing than in this general section.