Icon equipment

Thread: Icon equipment

Default Icon equipment

Hi guys,
    I'm new here, been reading the blog for over a year and like it very much. I planned on buying an Audio interface soon, but i couldn't really decide on what one. I recently found this company called Icon make interfaces and gear, but i haven't seen any reviews around.
    http://www.icon-global.com/music/mus...cpl3shu2_id=30
    i'm especially interested in their Icon pro, as is boasts 4 ins and 4 outs, but i'm kinda worried about the latency and sound quality of it.
    Another option i looked at was the Saffire 6 USB, as focusrite is a well known and respected company, i trust their interface will be fine.

What do you think?

(ps. i hope my english isn't too terrible)

Tech Guru

Welcome to our community
    Well I think that with saffire focusrite you can't go wrong, but I never heard about icon

Have you searched alredy for Presonus Firestudio Mobile (upgraded version of presonus firebox) ? A lot of people here at DJTT recommend presonus.

I have an Numark DJIO just for bedroom DJing, I wouldn't use it to live action...

Thank you V-Hoff,
    I've seen the presonus product range around and have heard about its reputation, but since neither my desktop PC, nor my laptop/netbook have a firewire connection, this is not an option.
    I think i will indeed choose for the focusrite, i'm also interested in producing/recording (i'm a bassist), wich makes the preamps usefull too. This is also the reason why i wouldn't pick a DJIO, it doesn't have any inputs

Thank you again for your help, i really appreciate it.

Yeah, LOOKS nice but...
    TRS inputs means you need converters & no MIDI in/out. Most audio interfaces have 'em & they can be quite useful to sync to other computers/hardware...

M-Audio has some nice cards. Also, look at the drivers: rep, stability etc.

Personally I have the Audio 8, had the M-Audio 1418, DJIO. Audio 8 is really alot of bang for the buck, what a great card...

Tech Guru

there is a good deal on on on the forums right now btw.

Tech Guru

yeah
    here it is
    "For Sale: Audio 8 DJ soundcard"
    http://djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11189

Quote Originally Posted by V-Hoff View Post
    yeah
    here it is
    "For Sale: Audio 8 DJ soundcard"
    http://djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11189
    i've seen it, but it is above my budget Thereby goes, i'm living in the netherlands, so shipping bill will be huge.

I think i've made up my mind.
    Either it will be the M-audio fasttrack pro, or the Saffire 6 USB, which one do you prefer?
    The Saffire 6 USB seems to be a lot more sturdy with that aluminium casing, and the software bundle is nice too.
    Last edited by TheB; 02-12-2010 at 07:35 AM.

I have the audio kontrol 1 by native instruments and it is great! I got it from bax-shop.nl which is possibly the best dutch dj store. When I ordered it they had one in b-stock so I got it for cheap but the interface isn't that expensive when bought new.
    It has 2 stereo outputs (4x mono jack 1/4") and a shared third headphone output (1x stereo jack 1/4") on the front side.
    Also Mic (xlr) input and instrument input, +48v input switchable and MIDI input. Great card