Numark Total Mod
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Numark Total Mod

With DC stuck in 10 inches of snow, I decided to spice up my Numark Total Control. The first, in my 3-part plan, was to change the color from lame grey to black.

After letting the paint dry it came out looking pretty sick.

My next step will be trying to get my CDJ fader knobs on it, but the issue is the height of my faders. When I put them on it, they hovered and didn't really lock in place.

So unless any of you have an idea on how to get them on their, I’m just going to spray paint my Numark faders white to look like the DJ TT custom fader knobs.
    The final part to my plain is to add arcade buttons to my Numark Total control. The only issue is, the buttons are connected to one main circuit board. The VCI mod is easy because the buttons are on a separate circuit board that you can cut off and use the leads for the arcade buttons. Does anyone know how I could get arcade buttons on this?

The only thing I could think of was to actually cut the circuit board and solder to button leads to where the board was, but that just seems like a very stupid idea. So please, does anyone have arcade button ideas?

While you’re at it, it would be real nice if you could select attending to my “I’m In The House” contest on Fecebook. It’s not a real event, but the more people who select attending, the more chances I win a prize from DIM MAK.
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=197119689990

popatheart

Nice work man. Looks a lot like my Stealth.

After e-Mailing the DJ TT staff, my best solution is going to be cutting the circuit board. I saw a demo on youtube showing me how, and after testing it on some small stuff (i.e. remotes, gameboys, ect.) i'mma move to the controller.

Quote Originally Posted by JelaniRobot View Post
    After e-Mailing the DJ TT staff, my best solution is going to be cutting the circuit board. I saw a demo on youtube showing me how, and after testing it on some small stuff (i.e. remotes, gameboys, ect.) i'mma move to the controller.
    Wow sounds like we're on the same page. I'm currently doing this to my Numark Stealth. I came yo the same conclusion about cutting the circuit board.

For buttons, I'm going with

Seimitsu PS-15 30mm Pushbutton

I haven't looked at the board close enough yet as I need my stealth in working order until a Feb 20th gig. Is it just the button circuitry down there, or is the cross wiring going on down there to other components?

Also where was that youtube video you mentioned?

I like those buttons! They are way more compact than the ones sold at DJ TT, which might allow me to get out of a circuit board cut. Also here is the video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdp-BI7HE_g

Yeah I'm going to order some, I wonder if I can fit four on each side.
    Between the Numark stealth, this mod and my scripts of DJDecks I'm building a cheap/ghetto fabulous controllerism setup

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JelaniRobot View Post
    I like those buttons! They are way more compact than the ones sold at DJ TT, which might allow me to get out of a circuit board cut. Also here is the video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdp-BI7HE_g
    The dude's voice in that video is absolutely classic.

Yeah that video is must see! My wife was on the floor.

Tech Guru

Although now I feel like an asshole lol, I was checking out his other videos and anyone who commented on his voice he responded that he had speech problems, and his hands are extremely shaky, so I assume he has some sort of neurological disorder. Regardless, his videos are pretty informative and straight forward. Props to him for taking the time to make them regardless of whatever handicaps he may have

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast