my dj pet peeves
    Tech Guru

Default my dj pet peeves

I'm at the crystal method gig in l.a. right now and I feel the need to vent a little.

Here comes the break! Mix in the buildup........ now slam to the next record at the peak! There's so many l.a. electro djs that make this the only mix they know and it drives me nuts. This does not make for a good dj

My next pet peeve. I shouldn't be able to know exactly which 2 electro blogs you farmed you entire set from.....

That said. Ben oprstu was friggin amazing as usual. I wish the dj that inspired this rant was half as good.

/rant over

Can't wait to see crystal method. Never seen them live before
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Tech Guru

Thought you were talking about crystal method.... i was about to tear up a bit. That being said, you should listen to big name trance dj's and then go back and listen to this guy. Going to see Above and Beyond in March, and I really hope that they do more than just mix intro/outro, cause their productions are top notch.... Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

i'm going to be seeing 4 strings tomorrow.. i'm pretty excited.. havent seen 4 strings perform in 2 years!! i thought it was pretty good back then... but then i didnt really pay attention to mixing as much so i guess i'll see!!!!

as for crystal method... i wish i went out to that tonight.. i had no idea that was going on today =/ and i only live 20/30 min from hollywood

Tech Guru

They haven't gone on yet there is still time
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Tech Wizard

I hear you brother. Its 3 AM and i am just back from a gig and I feel like i am about to go deaf 10 years prematurely.

Some short smug little dude comes in and puts me on the spot in front of the owner to be allowed to play the last hour or so of the night. Right off the bat, this kid comes in and has to borrow my headphones and cables, so i can't go home and i have to listen to his lousy set the rest of the night.
    He was mixing hip hop and I know hip hop is not very clean, but he was just awful. He would run everything into the red to the point where every snare and clap would be physically painful. Not to mention his "trick" of hammering the first beat of the song over and over to create some drum break or w.e and then forgetting to hit PLAY and the music STOPS ENTIRELY for a few moments.
    To add insult to the wound he is getting props and high fives at the end of the night from drunk ignorant idiots about his "amazing set". And he left before me and I had to stay behind and pack as well as clean up the DJ booth. How people like that get gigs is beyond me.

I'm still pissed.

Genre: Progressive House, Deep House, Electro House, Disco House, Vocal Trance, Uplifting Trance, Eurobeat, Eurodance, Italo House, Chill Out, Ambient Trance

wow TK1129 that is just terrible... i have no idea how someone like that dj would even manage to get a gig... that blows ass

and xtianw... i wish.. all my money i've saved for my trip to san fran tomorrow.. needa continue packing and whatnot...

gonna see me some hixxy, scott brown, 4 strings, and thrillseekers

Tech Guru

I'm not going to name names but the guy that followed ben oprstu (again who was fuckin amazing) should rename himself to "dj formulaeic". 2 indie blog tracks, 2 old electro bangers, I early 90s remix (so far song number 5 and show me love). Rinse, wash, repeat. Ann doing buildup and break mixes with a few cheesy as fuck tricks.

Brb its banger time. He's mixing in sexy bitch ..........

God hanging out here has made me expect the best out of djs lol