Best/most affordable soundcard for producing/mixing??

Default Best/most affordable soundcard for producing/mixing??

I've been wanting to get into djing/producing just as a hobby for some time now and so i've decided to finally purchase some gear. I ordered a vci-100se from djtt couple days ago but im stuck on which soundcard to get, something that will have enough ins and outs for monitors and still allows headphone cueing with decent sound for an affordable price?? If anyone has some suggestions it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, Mark.

Tech Mentor

djing, or producing? djing requires reliable drivers, four outs, and not much else, whereas with production you need to start looking at inputs.

presonus firebox probably has the best band-to-buck ratio with six outs, two preamps, two line inputs, rock solid drivers and the best latency I've ever gotten short of a >$1000 audio interface.

something that can do both for now im just gonna be doin this in my room for fun. I was looking at the stanton final scratch open its going for $99 on musicians friend but will that do?

that would be a decent option,

firebox is a great card too
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk