ableton Live? what is it
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default ableton Live? what is it

hey guys

I just started DJing/producing 8 months ago and what is ableton live i hear lots of talk about it but i don't really have any idea what it is, so yeah

thanks

Tech Wizard

It's a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) which is capable of producing music and DJing... http://www.ableton.com/ (official website) ... http://forum.ableton.com/ (official forum) ... http://www.abletonlivedj.com/forum/ (learn how to dj w/ ableton) ... I believe you have to register at abletonlivedj to view the forum.

Tech Mentor

it's a daw with emphasis on live performance. the biggest thing that distinguishes it from others is the session view which gives you a different way of thinking about things. the learning curve is probably steeper than the more traditional cubase/logic/sonar sort of thing but generally speaking once people figure it out they never leave. other fun things involved with live are max4live, a incredibly useful but nerdy combination of max/msp and live, and the serato/ableton bridge, which allows you to use live within ssl in a somewhat disappointingly un-inspiring fashion.

Tech Guru

It also allows DJ's to be super lazy by warp marking their tracks and perform 4 minute long mixes with all the credit and none of the skill lol

RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

My favorite production environment. Its dual layout is great for guys like me who like groove boxs
    Silly DJ loops are for kids!

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    OH MY GOD.

That is amazing.
    papachilla...| UB Macbook Pro | NI Kontrol S4 | NI Kontrol X1 | AKAI MPD32 | AKAI LPK25 | KRK ROKIT5-2

Quote Originally Posted by mmauve View Post
    It also allows DJ's to be super lazy by warp marking their tracks and perform 4 minute long mixes with all the credit and none of the skill lol
    If that's all it takes to eclipse your skills, then clearly your skills were never as significant as you think.
    Drop the self important bullshit, a tool is a tool

Tech Guru

Oh lord, someone who can't take a joke over the internet. Not like matching two beats on any medium is rocket science anyway lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mmauve View Post
    Not like matching two beats on any medium is rocket science anyway lol.
    Exactly what I was thinking. I've met just way too many people who take too much joy in trying to proclaim themselves as some sort of vanguard and that any new style is inferior.
    I don't get dj snobs when its like "dude instrumentalists say you aren't a real musician because you play other peoples music, and now you're trying to say a digi dj ain't a real musician because he isn't using technics?" Ha fucking retarded.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast