I'm getting Snaps, Crackles, and Pops in Traktor Pro 1.2.4

Default I'm getting Snaps, Crackles, and Pops in Traktor Pro 1.2.4

I upgraded from Traktor LE to Traktor Pro 1.2.4 on one of my computers, and I began having problems. I get a crackle or pop randomly while playing 2 decks or more. 1 deck works perfectly fine, but playing 2 to 4 decks causes issues. I have no FX or anything that requires more of the computer running.

Yes, I have the correct audio drivers enabled. Audio Latency is not the Issue - I've adjusted this from min to max. Computer Processing is not the issue - I have 4 GB of RAM and the CPU load is at a minimum. Clipping is not the issue - I have made sure of this also.

When I play the same songs 1 at a time in Traktor, it works great. When I play them in Windows Media Player, it works great. When I play two of the same songs together in Virtual DJ, it works great! So the hardware is all fine. It all worked fine in Traktor LE 1.2.4 with two decks running too.

I've contacted NI tech support and got on their forums, but no one has responded. Could someone help me with this issue?

What Operating System & sound card are you using?
    MacBook, Vestax VCI-300 with Serato Itch
    www.djlantau.com | www.youtube.com/djlantau | www.soundcloud.com/djlantau

Windows XP SP2. M-Audio Fast Track Pro with newest driver updates. I've tried Asio4All and M-Audio's Asio drivers - both work the same at all latencies.

I found the solution. I downloaded DPC Latency Checker, and I was getting random latency spikes on my CPU while idling. I went into Device Manager and disabled the drivers to my internal audio card, which reduced the latency a little bit. Then I disabled my Audio/Video TV Capture card's drivers. The latency dropped to a minimum! Traktor quit popping and crackling.

So if you're experiencing this problem, try disabling any unused audio/video/networking drivers in Device Manager. There are some other things you can try with Process Explorer & Windows Debugging Tools, but there is a post about that on NI's forums.

Tech Convert

what do you consider low latency with the dpc checker? 100us? 50?