Looking for a little help

Default Looking for a little help

Hey they I have been djing for a few years now , and recently lost all due to fire . It took me yrs to go cd . Now im looking to go digital ,a friend gave me some old gear to keep me going untill I get on my feet . He had this stuff in his basement collecting dust 3 AA cdi500 and a numark c3 mixer and , and a pair of powered 15's I do not want to sound stupid but I have a few questions . I know I either need a controller or cd players or turntables with time coded cds or records . I am just so confused on which way to go . Do i go midi controller or go with 2 cd midi contollers and a mixer . Basicaly I am looking to go the least expensive route right now , due to fire I have to replace alot of stuff , and no stupid did not have renters insurance lesson learned. So i think right now i am going to go the control way , how is the Stanton scs3 ,or are there any decent cd midi all in one players at a decent price .Will it due untill i get on my feet and am able to either go with a better controller or cd player with midi , or do i go withthe vestex vci100 .Is there another way to go can i use my laptop only with an external sound card . The only thing i do have is my music ,had my cd's in my trunk and my girl has my external hard drive with all my music so at least im good there .Thanks to all and please fell free to chime in if I missed anything or have any questions .
    Last edited by deejaygee; 02-16-2010 at 07:53 PM.

hey, head up on this one,

see it as a chance, and start off from zero.
    i'd recommend you to go digital any way, as this will be the future of DJing. In case you'd like to do scratches or else you might go for a DVS system to satisfiy you needs.
    if not, my choice would be completely midi with a vci/stealth control w/e. your possibillities with these as at least as good as with CDJs and might even give you the extra space in creativity for your mix.

you can stay with your laptop and your external soundcard (if it has 2 stereo outputs) and mix internally.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I'd say go totally digital as well. You can get something like Traktor Scratch Pro in case you decide to incorporate timecode, but still have the full functionality of MIDI and all. But yeah, get a sound card, and a controller that fits your needs, and read up on howit all works.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

thanks i got it narrowed down to 2 controllers , the stanton scs3 or the vestex vci100. Now the question is which one .If i would want to add on with cdjs ,which one should i go with . Been reading up on both and they both sound good .

welli think im been reading and reading and reading going to get the vestex and then buy the tracktor scratch pro with audio 8