Audio 2 sound card.sound cutting out?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Audio 2 sound card.sound cutting out?

Ok for some reason my NI audio 2 card keeps cutting out for like 1 or 2 seconds
    its doing it while i play music through i tunes and any other media player or youtube

using vista if that helps

Tech Convert

me too, usually repeats shortly afterwards. I'm using Vista too. Found others having the same problem with other NI cards on Windows 7 here:
    http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...d=1#post642211

I tried taking taking all non-essential applications and processes out of the startup config a few days back and it hasn't happenned since then but I've only used it for about 3/4 hours.

i think vista is the worst os from microsoft since windows ME, avoid using it for your djing/production if you can IMO.

I think all vista users should get a free upgrade to windows7, but maybe i'm laying it on thick at this point lol
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

some simple things you've probably already checked:
    cables - quality, plugged in correctly?
    drivers - latest/newest/fails after update?
    usb power - using powered usb hub/try different usb port
    software - does it happen very often? or only after like 30 minutes of pc usage? of maybe only after you have used traktor/itunes/firefox/etc. ? recently installed new software?
    physical - dropped the device (recently)?

those are some obvious things to consider

Tech Convert

I've tried or checked all those things. I'd be inclined to think it was something Vista related if it weren't for the people getting the same problem in Win 7

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CassoIVchoon View Post
    or youtube
    It could very easily be the fact that you are using WiFi or whatever connection you use online.

This is a common problem. Some people have no issues having WiFi and Bluetooth on and some people have a hell of a time.

Dont ever listen to ANYONE who tells you that its ok to have the internet on whilst using real time audio. It isnt the same for all machines and Vista has a real problem with it.

And before someone pops up saying "i dont have issues online with Vista" like i said, some have no issues, some do. Depends on the individual machine.

Quote Originally Posted by bustab View Post

I tried taking taking all non-essential applications and processes out of the startup config a few days back and it hasn't happenned since then but I've only used it for about 3/4 hours.
    Did you kill the all networking services? That may have fixed it.

K

Tech Mentor

Make sure you are not using a USB hub. The Audio 2 will pretty much never work if you are... But if anything its probably just vista, from experience its the worst operating system windows has bought out.

I have a 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium laptop, and using Audio2DJ with VCI 100 and Traktor Pro 1.2.4 faultlessly. My laptop only has a Celeron 1.86GHz CPU and 2GB of onboard RAM, plus 8GB SD card for ReadyBoost. I have no problems with the Audio2DJ and lets me run Master out of Channel A and cue headphones out of Channel B.

Definitely no problems using it in Windows 7. It's probably just a configuration issue. I only use it for Traktor, and it works perfectly then. I just use onboard sound for general use.

Any by the way, Karlos Santos, I have my WiFi and bluetooth adapter on my laptop almost always on when DJing with it. Mostly just cos I forget to turn it off (has a side switch on the laptop), and I can say I've never had issues. Just prefer to turn it off as a precautionary measure more than anything.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Like is said. Different machines work with Wifi on or wifi off.

The advice is to turn it off of you experience pops clicks or dropouts.
    Luckily your not experiencing dropouts therefore no need to turn it off.

Default pop up sound audio 2 dj

My setup is , numark stealth Lenovo T500 dual core 2.4 , 3 gig ....
    And recently i have purchase a korg nano pad

My problem is, if im use the laptop and the numark console, i have no problem with sound , when im add nano pad the pop up appear. ????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast