Arcade Buttons 2.1 - Which wires? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Hmm I wonder if ean is going to release an upgrade kit for the arcade buttons. like a package.
    Thank Ya!!!

Quote Originally Posted by luv2xra View Post
    Hmm I wonder if ean is going to release an upgrade kit for the arcade buttons. like a package.
    there certainly has been a lot of talk about it, but to be honest, your nearest electronics shop has all you need, and it aint that much ;]
    deephouse mix click here
    bangin' house mix click here
    VCI-100SE arcade button mod pictures here
    myspace/runehund
    doggydog.net

Tech Wizard

Hello,

Ean said in the first part of the mod video that he put in resistors. Anyone know which ones and where they were put in. I am collecting the parts now. Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Beamis View Post
    Hello,

Ean said in the first part of the mod video that he put in resistors. Anyone know which ones and where they were put in. I am collecting the parts now. Thanks for the help.
    He tells you which resistors to use in the video. Personally just went to the shop and bought low voltage ones that you would find in typical hobby kits and its working fine.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    He tells you which resistors to use in the video. Personally just went to the shop and bought low voltage ones that you would find in typical hobby kits and its working fine.
    Many thanks for the quick reply

Quote Originally Posted by Beamis View Post
    Many thanks for the quick reply
    No problem Welcome to DJTT !

Tech Wizard

OK, so I got everything out of the case and am getting the holes put in over the holidays. I printed out the schematic here for the holes, but on my VCI they seem a bit off. I have the SE edition. Are the holes bigger on them. It seems the holes will be drilled into some screw holes. Am I nuts? It seems I am most worried about the holes as the machinist only has one shot to get it right. (See attached photo)

Thanks again

Tech Wizard

Ok, so i was on crack last night. Everything worked out. I wasn't accounting for the fact that I wouldn't need the screw holes that used to hold the circuit board. Dropped it off at the machine shop out in Brooklyn today. Should be done in a week or sooner. In the meantime I will solder the wires and prep it, so when it comes in I can just solder the buttons and be done.

Thanks.

Tech Wizard

Ok, finished soldering the button extensions tonight. I got ahold of the switching diodes. I couldn't find any lead wire at radio shack. Any substitutes?

Couple questions so i can finish up tomorrow:

1) When connecting the diodes to the ground extensions, which way do they need to be soldered? Black stripe closest to wire, or button?

2) Is the diode wire that was attached to the original circuit board useless like the LED wires (for this mod)?

Thanks again.

Tech Wizard

Ok, worked on it more tonight. Everything is in place. Just waiting for the Cover to come back from the machine shop (This is the bit I am most worried about it .
    Tested everything out it with traktor and the buttons and grounds work great. Gonna be bangin.

To answer my own questions for the first time venturer such as myself.

- the ground extensions attach to the diode cable on the circuit board pic posted in this thread, not the one labeled ground. =simple mistake I made.

- The diodes will only work one way and that is to have the black stripe furthest from the cable (closest to the button).

Can't wait to get the case back from the machine shop. Will post pics when complete.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast