bye bye new york city and hello UK?!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default bye bye new york city and hello UK?!

I know I know, its off topic!

Bear with me please. Basically to keep it short and sweet, I need to get the fuck out of nyc for a bit, way too much bullshit going on, I could use a change in scenery (I dont mind dealing with new bullshit lol). The UK seems like the place to go. new country, close enough language and unless Im crazy genres like techno arent dead. How is the rave scene in the UK? How about the underground EDM scene? Do they rock out to things like acid trance, hardstyle, hardcore (uk, dutch, american), hard techno/schranz? Healthy club scene? Im not looking to take over the club circuit out there (ill sure as hell try though) I just want to see how I do across the pond. I figure its going to be expensive living out there, but I survived in new york so lol!!!

back on track. Who in the UK from DJTT doesnt mind showing a foreigner the ropes and maybe even introducing me to their scene? All help would be appreciated cuz it would suck to get out of the airport in like london without a clue!
    Silly DJ loops are for kids!

Tech Wizard

if you like techno, do any of these take your interest?
    Detached Easter Party
    Detached vs Balance

up North tho, not london, though there will be a crowd travelling up from there
    Current Top 3:
    1. Loco Dice - Seeing through Shadows
    2. Light Year - Sex Education
    3. Simian Mobile Disco - Cruel Intentions (DJ Pierre Remix)

Tech Mentor

whoa, thats serious! Im seeing Ben Sims here in NYC at the Sullivan room, seems like England might be the place for me to hang out at for a while. Im spinning for HeadHunterz here in NYC in April so I cant leave till afterwards, but boy oh boy need to start planning now.

How do you start looking for a place to live over there? Thats gonna be a pain in the ass Id imagine!

oowwhhh yes the uk scene is pretty good for techno, rave hardcore etc..... For techno also check out atomic jam at the que club in birmingham. Great club and ben sims and surgeon playin in march!!! We be there! Also colour at Sankeys in Manchester. I will be going to one of these detached nights soon as a friend of mine has just got a residency there

If you want hardcore gabba etc ... i can point you in the direction of a few nights as i have a friend who promotes and djs at a few.

When you thinkin of comin over?
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Mentor

I have to spin for headhunterz in april here in NYC, but I would love to be there come may. Need to figure out a living situation though. Im seeing ben sims spin in NYC this saturday, Im gonna hopefully chat him up and see whats good. What are you thoughts on finding a place to crash?

Tech Guru

I'm sorry, as mush as I want to get out of England, I still think the UK has the best underground music scene across the board in like, the world! I haven't been anywhere that smacks it as hard as in the UK. I also haven't been anywhere with as much diversity as the UK.

(Warning; The opinions expressed in this response are of a personal level and may not represent those of anyone else. If you do not like/agree with them, that's tough shit)
    Last edited by dodge; 02-17-2010 at 09:28 PM.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Animus View Post
    Who in the UK from DJTT doesnt mind showing a foreigner the ropes and maybe even introducing me to their scene? All help would be appreciated cuz it would suck to get out of the airport in like london without a clue!
    I'll give you a few pointers and maybe a few guest lists in a couple places if you do the same back in NY for me.

Tech Guru

too much bullshit going on, I could use a change in scenery (I dont mind dealing with new bullshit lol)
    Hey, at least you get a nice order of fish and chips with your bullshit lol.

Tech Mentor

@ Dodge or anyone who is genuinely willing to show this new yorker how the UK throws down

my email is dj.animus.nyc@gmail.com hit me up and we can talk some more.

As far as connects that I have, well the scene is anemic right now. But I can point you to the right people.

Tech Mentor

I know I know, its off topic!

Bear with me please. Basically to keep it short and sweet, I need to get the fuck out of nyc for a bit, way too much bullshit going on, I could use a change in scenery (I dont mind dealing with new bullshit lol). The UK seems like the place to go. new country, close enough language and unless Im crazy genres like techno arent dead. How is the rave scene in the UK? How about the underground EDM scene? Do they rock out to things like acid trance, hardstyle, hardcore (uk, dutch, american), hard techno/schranz? Healthy club scene? Im not looking to take over the club circuit out there (ill sure as hell try though) I just want to see how I do across the pond. I figure its going to be expensive living out there, but I survived in new york so lol!!!

back on track. Who in the UK from DJTT doesnt mind showing a foreigner the ropes and maybe even introducing me to their scene? All help would be appreciated cuz it would suck to get out of the airport in like london without a clue!
    what you mean the nyc scene is fallin apart. there are 700 clubs in nyc. and 203 of them play house music, 80ish of them play techno....you shouldn't have trouble to find a club to spin your minimal tech at, is that the problem ?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast