The Underground Music - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Underground Music does not equal "please tell me where to get free shit". just drop it.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Piracy doesn't mean the death of music - it's a myth

People who illegally download music from the internet also spend more money on music than anyone else, according to a new study. The survey found that those who admit illegally downloading music spent an average of £77 a year on music – £33 more than those who claim that they never download music dishonestly.

http://bouncefm.com/index.php?option...usic&Itemid=51
    Next Curious People party with KYLE HALL!! Details HERE
    ----------------------------------------------
    www.curious-people.com
    Macbook Pro///Traktor Scratch Pro

This is true C.P but i get the impression that santos basically wants to be "hooked up" which we don't condone.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    This is true C.P but i get the impression that santos basically wants to be "hooked up" which we don't condone.
    That is also true
    www.curious-people.com

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Curious People View Post
    Piracy doesn't mean the death of music - it's a myth

People who illegally download music from the internet also spend more money on music than anyone else, according to a new study. The survey found that those who admit illegally downloading music spent an average of £77 a year on music – £33 more than those who claim that they never download music dishonestly.

http://bouncefm.com/index.php?option...usic&Itemid=51
    If people don't buy music, labels don't get money, without money labels close or get in debt. Without money artists have to do another job to pay the rent and buy food. That is the death of music. Tell me what part here is a myth.

About the study...

"The poll, which surveyed 1,000 16- to 50-year-olds with internet access, found that one in 10 people admit to downloading music illegally."

That is enough to see the study is flawed. The study only found who admitted downloading pirate music. Those are not facts. Who cares who admits it.

I know a few labels first hand that won a lot of money in the 80s and 90s that now have a huge debt to survive or simply have to close. That is real.

Quote Originally Posted by pier View Post
    If people don't buy music, labels don't get money, without money labels close or get in debt. Without money artists have to do another job to pay the rent and buy food. That is the death of music. Tell me what part here is a myth.

About the study...

"The poll, which surveyed 1,000 16- to 50-year-olds with internet access, found that one in 10 people admit to downloading music illegally."

That is enough to see the study is flawed. The study only found who admitted downloading pirate music. Those are not facts. Who cares who admits it.

I know a few labels first hand that won a lot of money in the 80s and 90s that now have a huge debt to survive or simply have to close. That is real.
    Labels are going bust because of bad business practices and/or not moving with the times. Not because of illegal downloads - that is a fact.
    www.curious-people.com

Tech Guru

Underground Music does not equal "please tell me where to get free shit". just drop it.
    I know but if a song has not been released yet and people get their hands on it (btw people i know, with near to no industry connections) they probably manage to get it for free and know some sort of "hook up" which I was looking to seek...but I purchase my music just many DJ's around my area get these tracks before they come out and dont wanna be spinnin what they were months ago.... do you get where Im coming from??
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bastard View Post
    I'd like to see the study that factoid came from.
    It's a statement by no means scientific. Just a personal observation through being part of the electronic music industry for 13+ years. Remember too, I'm talking about production software, not tracks.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Best way I've found to get the good tunes before anyone else is to write the tracks your self.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Somebody wake me up when we arent going over this same old copyright bullshit.
    In fact just give me prod when we start talking about the positive stuff in music and not re-hashing the same tired crap about the pros and cons of illegally downloaded music.
    Boy does this place get bogged down in that never ending and un-agreeable subject.

Come on people........... MUSIC. not legallity crap.

Or someone just post a video of cats doing stuff... (im looking at you Belch, save me)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast