Entering Production
    Tech Guru

Default Entering Production

Basically I want to get into production what do you think are some things I should buy (i have fl studio & ableton 8) and no need for monitors, or soundcard have those... are there any other good programs I was thinking along the lines of Nuendo, Cubase, Reason... what are your thoughts and any other hardware (piano, mpd) thank i would appreciate the help
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

You don't have to buy anything really.

With FlStudio you can do everything you need. The goal now is to learn how to make the program do backflips for you.

Some suggestions of things you may wanna grab eventually would be Native Instruments Massive, Arturia MiniMoogV, Rob Papen Predetor, Reason.

http://www.kvraudio.com has alot of great free or cheap VST's.

Something else you may wanna look into is to grab sample cd's. Good sample cd's. I have been enjoying the Vengence Sample series.
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

http://www.kvraudio.com is a godsend!

the members there are also quite helpful pointing you in the right direction for that sound you want. lots of free VST's too.

The program you use is sort of irrelevant just try all the demo's until you find the one that you prefer to produce on - the one that matches your work flow well.
    Novation ReMote 25, Novation Launchpad, Traktor Pro, Macbook Pro
    http://flavors.me/jkcraven

Quote Originally Posted by jasonj View Post
    You don't have to buy anything really.

With FlStudio you can do everything you need. The goal now is to learn how to make the program do backflips for you.

Some suggestions of things you may wanna grab eventually would be Native Instruments Massive, Arturia MiniMoogV, Rob Papen Predetor, Reason.

http://www.kvraudio.com has alot of great free or cheap VST's.

Something else you may wanna look into is to grab sample cd's. Good sample cd's. I have been enjoying the Vengence Sample series.
    X2 on the Reason. FL was fun and quick to get into the process of production but Reason just has so much more capability IMO.

Tech Wizard

Yeah, like audio input or VST support.

Yeah I am Using Logic more these days with Reason ReWired into it. As well I have been using Logics internal, Massive, TAL's collection, Arturia, Korg Legacy and a few other pieces.
    Still learning how to use them all at the moment.

Loving every minute!

Tobert: Reason has no VST support
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .