DJ editor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DJ editor

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Default DJ editor

Hi guys

So... I'm looking at starting a little blog for articles and the whatnot on how to be a better DJ in this underground scene I run in. The problem I've seen over and over is there's no real understanding of gear, or technique or anything and I want to try and impart that on the growing generation of DJs so that my underground doesn't go the way of Drum 'n Bass (Shit I went there ;-) ).

So I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in being an editor for me. I'm going to be going over conceptualizing DJing, talking about gear and technique, everything. But it'll be from the perspective of the goth/industrial scene, using those songs as examples and the whatnot.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm going to need help setting up the website also, cause I have no earthly clue how that works.

Thanks
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

my advice is to do it as a blogger account:
    http://www.blogger.com

the interface is really easy to edit / understand and it's free.

just setup a blog with the minimal black and i think it'll fit the scene
    "This is the soundtrack to the nightmares in which I can't wake up. I'm about to be murdered, or I'm being forced to jump off a cliff. Thank you."
    http://www.myspace.com/kagnawh

I will be interested on what you write. I can also help with your site depending on when you want that done. Currently helping Ean with this right now (sort of).
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Well, my site below is a start for me that a friend updates for me. I'm going to buy a domain name (www.dvlsadvct.com) and start a blogger account, I think, and go from there. I want to provide sound clips and the such.

Does anyone know the legality of that? If I provide clips no longer than 30 seconds just as examples am I infringing on copyright if I give total and full credit, and take no profit?

I am more concerned with textual and stylized editing for now. I'm a pretty good writer but it is hard to edit ones own work. :-)
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

use a program like audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/) and set your samples at like 30 secs and maybe a real low bitrate 64?

the reason i say this is the file will be small enough to upload in blogger (which is hella easy, I might add) ...

build your blogs traffic by sharing links with like minded blogs and once you blog has a decent flow of daily traffic i'd buy / prepare a domain.

until then though, grab a blogger and get blogging. and if you need any formatting help, i can help.
    "This is the soundtrack to the nightmares in which I can't wake up. I'm about to be murdered, or I'm being forced to jump off a cliff. Thank you."
    http://www.myspace.com/kagnawh

Yeah, I use audacity already. I'd just record the mix in traktor and bounce it down real low, obviously. I don't mind buying the domain regardless, just to have it and not need to rely on MySpace anymore.

Are there any other blogs that do this kind of thing for this scene? Anyone know? I'm really unawares, outside of review sites and the whatnot. :-)

Thanks for the offer, Ryan.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Just holler if you need some help, always glad to help out.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

DvlsAdvct:

Many host companies offers blogging as part of your "tools package" that you just click and install. Then start from there. This is in the case you want to go full blast and get your own domain anyways.

I'd consider Ryan's suggestion...
    DJTechTools - The Best Online Digital DJ Resource!
    Gear: December 2010 or 1st Quarter 2011
    Music: 80s, 90s, Old School Freestyle, Club/Dance, Hip-Hop/R&B, House/Tribal, Chillout/Lounge, Latin

Well, I figure i'd use the whole thing so I could use it for hosting as well for mixes, images, etc.. If no one is reading it I can still use the storage and transfer :-)
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Yes, I know what you mean. (Did the same thing myself for other purposes)
    Good luck with your project, and I am up for help in whatever I can...
    DJTechTools - The Best Online Digital DJ Resource!
    Gear: December 2010 or 1st Quarter 2011
    Music: 80s, 90s, Old School Freestyle, Club/Dance, Hip-Hop/R&B, House/Tribal, Chillout/Lounge, Latin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast