hotel recommendations @ wmc '10?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default hotel recommendations @ wmc '10?

has anyone been or going to wmc and want to recommend me a good spot?

Tech Guru

I can say that unless you wanna rack up some cab fees, get one on the beach. There are some pretty nice hotels, and you probably want to be around 10th and Ocean Drive. As that is pretty much beach central. I have had friends stay at the Whitelaw and it was a pretty cool hotel that had a free happy hour from 7:30-8:30. The price of their room was like $55 per night for 4 (2 queen beds) and the rooms were very nice and well furnished.

p.s. If you are going for the WMC week, then definitely be on the beach, however it is good to know that ultra is going to take a cab ride (or a bus ride lol) as it is on the mainland.
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

that is a lovely price and location

now i need to find a partner in crime...

I'm going to be staying at the Days Inn outside the airport, but I'm not going for the full week, mostly just around Ultra. The airport hotels are generally better quality unless you feel like throwing out a lot of $$ imo, and I'm going to be renting a car down there.

So there are a lot of places, but I'd stay near the beach or airport. Last year I stayed at a cheap place not near either, and it was really bad.

Tech Guru

yea but airport is so expensive, due to cab fares (check this online I would guess $25 min) I would also disagree that airport are nicer I have a friend who works at the la quinta by the airport and there are some really shady dealings that go on in those places. Beach hotels are often much nicer, while I could see them costing more I would stay at the beach over the airport anyday. My reasoning, is that you will spend the majority of your time on the beach and it sucks to have to take a 20 minute cab home everytime. Much nicer to be able to pop back into your hotel for a mid day nap/w.e.
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

Tech Guru

also it seems that someone needs to get on with starting a ultra 2010 thread

I have been going and playing teh WMC for the last 10 years.... you will not find a hotel for under $200 a night in South Beach. I hate to be the man delivering the bad news, but even the sh!tty hotels jack their prices up for WMC. You are quite late on looking for a place to stay. So I would act fast. Anything that is under like 30th and Collins Ave will be ok for a cab ride. I wouldn't suggest staying out near the airport cause a cab ride from there will cost you, and you will end up spending more on cab rides than you would have spent at the hotel. I always stay around 10th and Ocean, this year I am staying in a condo down at around 3rd & Collins.

Again I would book your hotel ASAP. Plan on spending at least $200 per night, that is really cheap, and I have no idea where you are gonna find something that cheap. I know some people staying at The Richmond. Its nice, and under $300 per night, and near the Shelbourne where all the DJ Mag parties are... also there is a hotel called Lorraine Hotel, and that is up near 26th street. that place is a little over $200 and its close to the Beatport parties this year.

If you find somewhere and you are unsure of if its an ok place just post it in here, I will try and check back here to let you know if its ok. Also there are some hostels in south beach if you are really tight on cash.

WMC is not cheap. Prepare to SPEND!!

PS: If you are around on Wednesday I will comp you plus any friends to the Teggno Party. Just PM me for guestlist!

Tech Guru

err yea I hope I didn't get your hopes up on a 50 dollar hotel, that's what it can be at the right time, WMC is the right time but well it's the wrong time.

p.s. oh lance I'll be sleeping on the futon, floor or countertop, if the bathtub isn't occupied I would be down for that

Quote Originally Posted by mpetersen3 View Post
    p.s. oh lance I'll be sleeping on the futon, floor or countertop, if the bathtub isn't occupied I would be down for that
    lololol

Lance are you so helpful!
    Here are some places I've narrowed down

Kent Hotel
    South Seas Hotel
    Metropole South (but no smoking though)
    Chelsea Hotel

The Lorraine looks good too

Any comments? I will try to lock down on one and book by tomorrow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast