Cant find an upgrade to traktor scratch pro.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Cant find an upgrade to traktor scratch pro.

My friend just convinced me to buy scratch pro, i already just spent a bunch on just traktor pro. I could only find an upgrade kit from traktors site from traktor pro to traktor scratch, but for the same price on amazon, i can buy a brand new traktor scratch pro kit with a whole new serial number and everything.
    Any one know where i can purchase an upgrade version that will allow me to move up to scratch pro from just pro? Thanks

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

The price is the price is the price. I doubt you will find the upgrade much cheaper anywhere else.

Your post is a little confused but , if you have Traktor Pro and want Traktor Scratch Pro you need this:
    http://co.native-instruments.com/ind...2&redirected=1

Remember that Amazon sells used software and is also still selling Traktor 3 DJ studio and the Original Traktor Scratch software (not PRO).

Tech Wizard

So basically there is no upgrade package for some one who has traktor pro and wants to have traktor scratch pro then? Because for the same price in the link you posted i can purchase an entirely new traktor scratch pro on amazon. I was hoping i could find a cheaper deal because i had already purchased traktor pro. Damn what a waste of the $175 i spent on it 8(

Thanks for your time and input Karlos

Well there is the upgrade i linked. I guess if Amazon has cheaper deals thats cool.

The NI price is lower than the full system and when you have activated it you can sell your previous PRO install to re-coup some money.

Just be careful when buying from Amazon. There are people that advertise the old Scratch as the new PRO.

Tech Guru

http://www.amazon.com/Native-Instrum...6806430&sr=8-1

Yeah I've noticed this too? Even SamAsho and other big retailers have it for 599.99 which is just a bit more than the NI upgrade/crossgrade.

I've looked around and always thought NI did a poor job over pricing the upgrade for already committed customers.

Well the prices at NI are the recommended retail prices. If other stockists are selling it cheaper they are just cutting into their own profit margins. I say buy it from a cheaper store if you can find it. Thats cool.

Its always seemed to me that American stores are cheaper than Europe anyway. They are usually cheaper than the NI store.

As for the upgrade prices. I have my own doubts about those but...

Tech Wizard

I was thinking of going through amazon, are u guys saying that link is not actually traktor scratch pro?

I was considering purchasing either that one or this one...
    http://www.amazon.com/Native-Instrum...6916132&sr=8-2

Donno if its worth it or if ill be able to afford it yet.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Correct me if I'm wrong, Karlos, but can't he just get an Audio8 and have it upgrade him to TSP? He won't have the control vinyl or the multicore cables, but those he can get separately.

Am I totally off base with that.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

That is a costly way to do it. A lot of people make the mistake of buying the Audio 8 and the timecode separatly and hope that will turn Pro into Scratch Pro which of course it wont (you know that). So then they have to buy the upgrade package for Audio 8 owners which includes the timecode (that he already bought). You end up with 2 lots of timecode and you spend around 200euros more than buying the TPRO to TSP package.

Audio 8 = 399
    TSP upgrade = 299
    total = 698

or

TSP upgrade for TPRO (includes Audio 8) = 499

The pricing structure is a pain in the ass and needs to be really carefully looked at when upgrading and buying. Thats why i see threads like this a lot and also why i try and help cus theres nothing worse than someone whos got excited and bought the wrong package cus it can cost a fortune to rectify.

K

Tech Wizard

i tried to get the package for certified mixer, that was a pain, no-one carries it. I could have walked to any store to get the time codes, downloaded the software , but due to stupid arrangements, I had to special order the upgrade package (after finding a store who knew what it was), install older software than the demo I had, update the software on line, get older documentation than was downloaded etc.
    if I could have bought TP then upgraded would have been so much easier

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast