Stanton FS Open help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stanton FS Open help

I purchased a stanton fs open from musicians friend, to use with the vci-100se and traktor pro, and my mac which is running snow leopard doesnt seem to recognize it at all no matter what ive done. It's a firewire connection, the light on the fs open is turning on when i plug it in so i know its getting power but nothing happens. Is anyone else using fs open with a mac? or anyone have suggestions??? thanks in advance
    13" MacBook, VCI-100SE, Audio 2 DJ

taken from the stanton website

Please note that Native Instruments Traktor Final Scratch 2.0 software included with the Final Scratch 2 package is not compatible with Universal Binary (Mac Intel computers). The Stanton Scratchamp2 hardware is compatable with the Mac Intel computers.

http://www.stantondj.com/v2/fs/prod_fs2.asp
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Wizard

about two years ago i had the same problem, the firewire port from my mac defected the amp. it was sent to the technical service, itīs a unusual but known problem they repaired it then everything was ok. if u plug it to a pc is the problem still there? if so send it to stanton

You can use the FSOpen unit with your intel mac. It is a CoreAudio class device and MacOSX will recognize it.

- What you need to make sure is its powered (which you say it is)
    - Only one computer is plugged into it at the same time (I made that mistake wanting to route two comps into and obviously have it not work, weird how it supplies two FireWire inputs)
    - Within traktor you will need to choose CoreAudio and then Stanton Scratchamp 000

Now this may be an issue within Traktor its self but I am pretty sure it will work. (I can check this when I get home later this evening, I use ableton with my FSOpen, VCI100 and MacbookPro 13.3")

Now what to keep in mind is that you will not get DVS (vinyl control) using traktor. You can if you are using an old version of traktor that supports the FSOpen device and really you can only use the device as an external sound card.

Good Luck
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Quote Originally Posted by beatkind View Post
    about two years ago i had the same problem, the firewire port from my mac defected the amp. it was sent to the technical service, itīs a unusual but known problem they repaired it then everything was ok. if u plug it to a pc is the problem still there? if so send it to stanton
    I dont have any other computers to at my disposal to try, i guess ill have to send it to stanton more shipping costs yay!

Quote Originally Posted by jasonj View Post
    You can use the FSOpen unit with your intel mac. It is a CoreAudio class device and MacOSX will recognize it.

- What you need to make sure is its powered (which you say it is)
    - Only one computer is plugged into it at the same time (I made that mistake wanting to route two comps into and obviously have it not work, weird how it supplies two FireWire inputs)
    - Within traktor you will need to choose CoreAudio and then Stanton Scratchamp 000

Now this may be an issue within Traktor its self but I am pretty sure it will work. (I can check this when I get home later this evening, I use ableton with my FSOpen, VCI100 and MacbookPro 13.3")

Now what to keep in mind is that you will not get DVS (vinyl control) using traktor. You can if you are using an old version of traktor that supports the FSOpen device and really you can only use the device as an external sound card.

Good Luck
    I tried doing that in traktor but i can just choose core audio then nothing happens afterwards, oh well.

If im gonna have to mail it to stanton i might as well just mail it back to musicians friend for a return, damn i hate paying for postage

Well i called musicians friend and theyre returning it and i get to keep the product! but not for postage here, still cant get it to work tho

Ok I just hooked my MBP to the FSOpen device and loaded traktor pro 1.1.1
    in the audio set up drop down menu I had a look and it shows the Scratchamp 000 device.
    Which in turn opens up all the audio routing for the device.

so it should work.
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

hmm it doesnt show up in traktor, oh well, thanks for your help

Thats weird
    Perhaps its the chord you are using?

I am using the Dynastar firewire800 to FW400 adapter

Hmmm possibly, im using the chord that was supplied, i was gonna try a firewire to usb adapter, maybe ill also pick up what your using.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast