VCI-100SE & MidiFighter or VCI-100SE Arcade
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default VCI-100SE & MidiFighter or VCI-100SE Arcade

Hey,

Been saving up money for the Arcade version, but seeing as i dont think ill be doing overly alot of beat juggling (which can be done on the midifighter anyways) i was thinking should i rather be looking at buying the standard SE version alongside the midifighter, rather then only the Arcade version...

Means ill have a little left over for a soundcard in the future aswell...

Was just wondering if people could share their opinions
    Cheers,
    fusion

Well i just ordered my se and I am going the way of adding a midifighter .I think its the way to go best of both worlds in my opinion . Also thinking about the black overlay and adding some funky knobs , when they get back in stock . Good luck

Id buy the arcade edition, save up then buy the midifighter.

If you buy both now you will be kicking yourself down the track spewing you didnt get the VCI-100 SE arcade edition

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Id buy the arcade edition, save up then buy the midifighter.

If you buy both now you will be kicking yourself down the track spewing you didnt get the VCI-100 SE arcade edition
    May i ask why that is Sir Bento? Quite curious
    Just wondering, because i dont think as i said ill be doing too much rapid cue-juggling, and even if i wanted to, i could do it on the MidiFighter yes?

Cheers
    fusion
    Last edited by fusion; 02-22-2010 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    May i ask why that is Sir Bento? Quite curious
    Just wondering, because i dont think as i said ill be doing too much rapid cue-juggling, and even if i wanted to, i could do it on the MidiFighter yes?

Cheers
    fusion
    You could do it on the midifighter yes, but an extra arcade button on the VCI-100 is seriously handy. I have a midifighter and a modded VCI-100 and i still jam out on the arcade buttons on the VCI-100 alot. The arcade buttons on the VCI-100 are still very handy for all the transport controls, they feel so much better than the stock buttons.

Hm, very well... Do you believe the Midi-Fighter loses any functionality value with the Arcade edition sitting next to it at all?

And a quick question regarding the audio 2 dj sound card, with one output being used for headphones, does this then limit the output to only one speaker at all? Very newbie question i know..

No, the audio 2 comes with a break out cable - stereo jack (one physical output but stereo) to RCA (stereo - which goes in the back of a mixer / amp)

IMO opinion, if you're not doing much beat juggling you don't need the Arcade Edition if the extra cost is a real issue... and you're getting a midifighter too

You can always do the modification yourself later if you feel the need.

The standard buttons aren't the best, and i'm sure the arcade buttons are 100 times nicer, but they're not that bad either. I beat juggle a bit on them and they're fine (especially in quantize mode - everthing stays in time anyway)

Just my thoughts
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I use a VCI-100SE and a MIDIFighter.

Great combination. Would the arcade edition be nice? Yeah, but that money went to a lot of other stuff
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    I use a VCI-100SE and a MIDIFighter.

Great combination. Would the arcade edition be nice? Yeah, but that money went to a lot of other stuff
    This^^^ If you can swing the extra $300 bucks, by all means go for it. But that $300 will come a long ways for more gear,if you're just starting out.

So again may I chime in here .I can upgrade my buttons if i wanted to .I could change stock to arcade on my vci 100.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast