Synth Tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Synth Tutorials

Default Synth Tutorials

http://www.beatportal.com/feed/item/...-to-synthesis/

Saw this today and got really excited. I wish i would have seen this a few years ago... Now i wont have to guess as much lol. Figured id share, great for beginners to read
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

Smile Thanks!

I was looking for a guide like this!

Since i bought a jp-8000, i've wondered what all the knobs really do...

thanks again!

Tech Guru

niice

Oof... synthesis... damn, it still remains a witchdoctor's practice, even for guys years in this bizz.

Dudes, good luck with that.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I've played around with that stuff before. I have a few piece of software lying around my apt for synthesis. Really goes over my head, though. Need to learn the math behind frequencies.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

And even if you do know the math, it often still is regarded as a black art.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

well, it's not about knowing math.

It's about knowing THAT math
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Ive been playing with synths far longer than i have been djing and its not really about the maths eh... when you play with Synths long enough you know where to reach to get "that sound", like djing its about practice practice practice ! You can learn all the synths maths you want but your patches will still sound like crap if you don't get artistic !

I personally suggest learning where to reach to get the sounds that you want before you even start worrying about the maths behind it all.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Ive been playing with synths far longer than i have been djing and its not really about the maths eh... when you play with Synths long enough you know where to reach to get "that sound", like djing its about practice practice practice ! You can learn all the synths maths you want but your patches will still sound like crap if you don't get artistic !

I personally suggest learning where to reach to get the sounds that you want before you even start worrying about the maths behind it all.
    Bento with the knowledge on your face.

Maths is only useful IMO if you want to build your own synth.

The synthesis itself as Bento said is about learning how the synth your using works (and synths in general) and being creative. Building up an undertstanding for sound.

ATM my fav synth which I keep raving about is Circle. Its fucking DOPE. Its interface is awesome. Its hardout visual, whcih works well for me as I'm a very visual person (I think a lot of digital DJs are so).

http://www.futureaudioworkshop.com/

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Shot for that link Krilikz,

Awesome for noobs like me that understand the math but not teh sound.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast