Better Kontrol X1 case?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Better Kontrol X1 case?

anyone know of any aftermarket case? Not real into the ones NI has made, and at $40 a pop they seem like kinda overpriced for wht they really are. Hoping something a little nicer comes out from an aftermarket company....

Tech Wizard

Im seriously thinking of getting an x1. But is a case really needed?

Quote Originally Posted by usdm View Post
    Im seriously thinking of getting an x1. But is a case really needed?
    Well I travel a lot, and also it raises the X1 to the height of the mixer... so no its not needed, but for me it is...

is it a bit flimsy?
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

No its actually pretty sturdy . They have 2 hidden flaps inside that raise up to support the top panel when they are used as a stand. They also have a pocket for the usb lead.

The only criticism people seem to have is that the X1 fits inside very very tightly. Its a struggle to get out but i guess it will loosen up.

Price wise, i guess they are a bit over what id like but they are definitely a must for the gigging dj.

Dunno if anyone is making a case for the X1 , i suppose it makes sense for someone to cash in cus NI have sold a LOT of X1s.

im actually about to make a custom folding wooden (padded inside) casing for it to raise the height and protect it. not really ur average solution to an overpriced case but its not hard to make at all. will post some pics when its done.
    Durty Harry
    13" Macbook Pro, Numark TTXUSB, Vestax VMC002XLU (upgraded to cf-pcv crossfader,) Vestax PMC-05 PRO III, Audio 4 DJ, Kontrol X1, Traktor Scratch Duo. -----WWW.LABWERXDJS.NET-----

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    No its actually pretty sturdy . They have 2 hidden flaps inside that raise up to support the top panel when they are used as a stand. They also have a pocket for the usb lead.

The only criticism people seem to have is that the X1 fits inside very very tightly. Its a struggle to get out but i guess it will loosen up.

Price wise, i guess they are a bit over what id like but they are definitely a must for the gigging dj.

Dunno if anyone is making a case for the X1 , i suppose it makes sense for someone to cash in cus NI have sold a LOT of X1s.
    Know of anywhere that has a pic of the inside? I suppose I am gonna have to just suck it up and buy 2 of them.. I need to do something... can't have them just flopping all around in my bag....

Quote Originally Posted by Phormula1.8T View Post
    im actually about to make a custom folding wooden (padded inside) casing for it to raise the height and protect it. not really ur average solution to an overpriced case but its not hard to make at all. will post some pics when its done.
    cool.

Tech Mentor

what not just use an old microphone case with some new foam cut to the X! shape?
    http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MicBoxWood/ is pretty nice, same price..but you could probably find one much cheaper.
    Last edited by TABS; 02-24-2010 at 01:29 AM.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Heres some piccies.

What id say about these cases is if you judge the price on materials they are expensive, cant avoid that fact. But if you look at them for what they offer which is protection for your X1s, wont scratch your other gear, not heavy, not solid, well made, usable as stands, you soon see that they are worth it.

I was very hesitant buying 2 cases as it wasnt cheap but i know id be unhappy with any make-do case cus i dont want my X1s getting damaged.

They really are pretty sturdy. They dont flex or dip when they are used as stands despite looking like they might they are pretty solid.

Piccies:

Entombed X1

Open case with USB lead in pocket.

Open case with stands down.

Stands Up

Used as a stand.

Tech Wizard

Appreciate the pics, Karlos.The x1s do seem very low by themselves, and the case does look good sturdy, so yeah, now I see your point Lance. Would be nice for NI or a retailer to offer a package. Maybe a group if there is enopgh interest?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast