Native instruments or Rane
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Native instruments or Rane

Guys, my mate wants to buy Serato Scratch Live or Native Instruments Traktor Scratch.

Which one do you suggest?, or maybe some other similar setup......

thanks))))

If it is possible, try both systems. Take some time to spin tunes in both.
    After this you will have found out what system works best for you.

Some will go with Serato Scratch, others will go with Traktor.

If you look at it objectively, the vinyl of Traktor Scratch has better specs. Less wear etc etc.
    Also the fact that you are able to spin Traktor without dedicated hardware, as Rane makes sure you need the complete Rane setup(soundcard, vinyl and software) to work.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Um, I'm pretty sure that to spin vinyl with Traktor you still need the Audio8DJ, or a Traktor certified mixer, which is almost exactly the same situation that Serato puts you in, just with more options to blow $1,000.

:-)

But, well, this question is like the PC or Mac question. Try them out, demo them, find friends with them, and try them out. I'm a die hard Traktor user. *shrug* A lot of people on this forum are.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Well, Traktor gives you some more options than just the one soundcard or the 57 mixer.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

Right
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

i would also go with traktor cause i like it best, but my mate wants the serato, so i was thinking that maybe there is an undeniable argument that makes the choise obvious.

Well, if he's buying it then it's up to him. If it's for the both of you to work with together then I'd say go with Traktor, only cause you can each take an individual piece in a much more integrated way.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by hi_dub View Post
    i would also go with traktor cause i like it best, but my mate wants the serato, so i was thinking that maybe there is an undeniable argument that makes the choise obvious.
    This would be my arguement:

If you look at it objectively, the vinyl of Traktor Scratch has better specs. Less wear etc etc.

if you want simple and consistantly reliable that just works, get ssl. otherwise, wait for traktor scratch pro to come out. dont think you can go wrong either way.

I hear the mspinky vinyl actually has the best ware for the record (pardon the pun).

The fact is that that because the frequency is twice that of any other vinyl on the market that the vinyl detection system also works twice as fast ! This is really important because the latency on detecting Vinyl speed and direction isn't that crash hot. You get the best performance in relative mode.

Personally i think we should all boycott Serato until they bring out some serious midi deck manipulation functions and most importantly beatgrids. At the moment Serato is a bit of a joke if you ask me - sure it emulates Vinyl well, but that's about as far as its functionality goes in my opinion.

Serato is the popular option, but since what was popular option the right option ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast