lookin for a new dj name
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default lookin for a new dj name

since i try to avoid to dj electro and trying to get more gigs at dubstep parties i don´t feel pretty comfortable with my recent name (ed paris). i´m not really famous so changing my name wouldn´t be a big problem.

some ideas i had:

lfolive
    eleph olivé
    elé follith

maybe u could give me a hint
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

I think Ed Paris is wicked even for dub step
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

+1 For keeping Ed Paris
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Another +1 for Ed Paris

Tech Guru

pfft, those names are waaaay too original. you gotta blend in like the others, pick a name like Optimus Grime!

I think your name is fine as is, but you could add a name in the middle like

Ed "Destructo" Paris
    Ed "Filthy" Paris

Couple other ideas:
    Filthy Mr. Ed
    W.T.P. (Water Treatment Plant)
    Mr. Ed

Something my friends did for me, was drop my name and now I just go by Big C. So something along those lines.

Big E
    Big E.P.
    Filthy E.P.
    Little E

Out of all of them though, if you are mainly looking dub, I kinda like just "EP" still true to your name, and a musical note as well. You can throw adjectives around on your own. What it comes down to though, talk to your good friends, and stick with a nickname or your name, or at least something you'd be comfortable handing out a business card with.

4D Squirrel

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Ed Paris.

Id go see Ed Paris. I would go see Little Eddy Pee Pee though

ooh your a Dubstep DJ Earl, i dj and promote a club and weve just booked RUSKO . Not bad for a little 300 capacity night. More info to follow. As im one of the promoters i get to put myself on the bill. Just gonna do a little warm up as ill be busy with other stuff on the night but id be daft miss the opportunity of being on the same flyer.

I know hes all big and mainstream but its a winner of a gig for our little night.

Just gotta find me some dubstep to play now hahaha actually i think im just gonna play some early doors Dub rather than dubstep.
    Last edited by Karlos Santos; 02-23-2010 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post

ooh your a Dubstep DJ Earl, i dj and promote a club and weve just booked RUSKO . Not bad for a little 300 capacity night. More info to follow. As im one of the promoters i get to put myself on the bill. Just gonna do a little warm up as ill be busy with other stuff on the night but id be daft miss the opportunity of being on the same flyer.
    Not to thread jack but, when RUSKO played Tampa for Scion, they planned on letting in 150, ended up letting in about 300, and turned away about 1000. So hope your got plenty of room.
    2 x Techinics 1200 mkIIs, SL1, Pioneer DJM-500, Novation Dicer, Stanton 680 carts, Acer Aspire 1410 11" Netbook
    ----------------------------------------------------

http://twitter.com/djlokifl

oh and +1 for keeping Ed Paris

and a LOL at Optimus Grime....My dubstep taste leans towards Hyperdub and away from the "My bass has more wobble than yours"
    2 x Techinics 1200 mkIIs, SL1, Pioneer DJM-500, Novation Dicer, Stanton 680 carts, Acer Aspire 1410 11" Netbook
    ----------------------------------------------------

http://twitter.com/djlokifl

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast