Warping in Ableton - inastant use in Traktor
    Tech Convert

Default Warping in Ableton - export track - instant use in Traktor?

Hi guys - this is my first post here so go easy on me.

Basically I moved over to using ABleton a while ago (from standard Vinyl CDJs) and I'm not really enjoying it so more. To get things sounding good and decent effects working well it takes up too much time, so you spen a lot of your time playing with your template instead of just playing. Currently use a UC33e witha An Echo Expresscard soundcard.

Essentially I'm moving over to Traktor as I've found it much more fun, effets work well and the looping seems great (one of the real positivies in live). Probably going to invest in a VCI100 & Kontrol X1 to get started and my UC33e can back up and be used for the other decks. Sufficeint for some 4deck fun?

There's the preamble... So: I now have literally thousands of pre-warped tracks from ableton, andI don't really fancy having to beatgrid again all my existing tracks(I will be using sync for tight looping/creative mixing). So my question is - once I've exported the warped track from ableton as a complete audiofile, will it work out the box in traktor for syncing, or will I still need to beatgrid it?

Any helps tips/advice on my transition over to traktor welcome.

Big thanks!

Luke
    Last edited by luked_; 02-24-2010 at 08:20 AM.

Tech Convert

Just realised this may be the wrong place for my question - if so, could a mod please move it?

Thanks

Traktor can be set to auto-beatgrid; if you've already warped them in Ableton you shouldn't have any drift issues. The autogrids will often still be off a bit but will be easy to fix, even on the fly once you're comfortable locking grids down. Beat gridding is a pain at first but once you grok the concept it becomes easy to grid tracks in less than a few seconds.