Beatgridding

Thread: Beatgridding

Default Beatgridding

Sup, DJTT. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on beatgridding songs that look like this:

search for beatgridding on this board, on youtube and on google.. this should help you..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Look in the FAQ theres a beatgridding tutorial

I can beatgrid, but when the beat is irregular, or the peaks are inconsistent, I don't know how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by mastercon12 View Post
    I can beatgrid, but when the beat is irregular, or the peaks are inconsistent, I don't know how to do it.
    ok then you must absolutely have to go to links Karlos or Bento posted. Follow those guides and instructions closely and come back if you have questions... Doing beatgrids aint easy on those kind of songs (especialy if Traktor finds the BPM wayyyy off) and needs practice and foremost: PATIENCE .
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Try using the "ticker/tap" to get the bpm pretty much right. Drop a grid as near as you can to the first beat with "snap" off. Then move the whole grid till you get a good overlap, then make your bpm/grid adjustments from that.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Didn't want to start another thread but i have a problem with beat gridding ... or maybe i don't.. anyway. So i wanted to grid a track and realised that the cue points i set didn't move with the grid ... is this normal ? i'm certain they did the last time ^^ or am i mistaken and this is the way it has allways been and i never had any before properly gridding the track ?

You mean 'snap to the grid? Turn 'snap' on.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud