How can guys with serato criticize traktor users? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Guru

I wasn't criticizing serato users, if they like spending more time moving records into sync that's fine, and it looks like a fine software, my issue with it is the fact that they have to spend more money to buy hardware to unlock 4 decks. Also can anyone tell me what is necessary to bring my mp3's up to snuff for usage with ssl, I currently have serato installed on my comp and I use the itunes integration with traktor.
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    I agree there is nothing more boring that the Serato Vs Traktor discussion (apart from Mac VS PC).

I have never had a bad thing to say about SSL. I think it is an outstanding piece of software that changed DJing forever.

You know we have our Traktor dinosaurs as well. There are guys that refuse to budge of T3. Some for workflow reasons that i understand and others for less honest reason (basically spitting their dummies out). Hell Steve Boyett is still on T2.6 (i think) and he still rocks it.
    I guess you use what your comfortable with but never , never slag anyone just cus you dont like what they use.

I think that minority of SSL users that have always slagged Traktor will always do it. I for one would not lump all SSL users into one pot just like SSL users should not call all Traktor users Microwave DJs.

"Traktor and Serato sitting in a tree K.I.... you know the rest"
    Aw man that reminds me of the old Technics vs. Vestax shit.

"IT HAS A STRAIGHT TONE ARM, IT'S AN SL-1200 KILLER!, LOOK IT HAS 100% PITCH RANGE, OH SHIT AND A REVERSE BUTTON, AW TECHNICS IS FUCKED!"

lmao. meeeeemories.

Quote Originally Posted by Segfault View Post
    Dunno about the rest of you, but I'd love to see that baby.
    Isn't that pretty much what Itch is ?

Quote Originally Posted by slangemenneske View Post
    Isn't that pretty much what Itch is ?
    Edit: Oops misread that

I like the simple interface, I just hope the bridge does what I want it to and let's me setup my aux's in abletons mixer or send out to real fx stuff. Traktor is feature packed, too feature packed for me. The gui just doesn't draw me in, I know that's just an aesthetic thing but whatever

Fun discussion, and yes about as fruitful as the ones in guitar land - tube amp vs solid state, Fender vs Gibson, on and on.

My friends are Tracktor users for the most part and I'd never seen Serato before revisiting the Lizard Lounge in Dallas since, well, too long ago. Never used either, I'm an Ableton guy nor really in any circles to get to test learn them, but both give me a similar vibe and I can apprecite them as the tools to make the sounds.

Part of the dynamic that has, is and will keep redefining music & performance.

On a side note, I'm noticing my personal attitude suffering sometimes from equipment envy or superiority. Can't wait to pull the funds together for a MIDIFighter so I can give away my nanoPad & nanoKeys haha. Keeping the nanoKontrol though, as I actually met a dude using his live and I gave him props - though it hasn't happened in front of me, I could easily imagine some people looking down on him for it. We're just judgmental creatures after all I suppose.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123