CDJs vs. Vinyl? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: CDJs vs. Vinyl?

Tech Wizard

you can't describe it xD it's the feeling and the quality. it's just great.
    Before I had TT's I had a VCI-100 and I thought you could do everything with it but the feeling you get with vinyl is great. That's why I switched from digital to analog. (Well I do something of a hybrid. I use timecodes and real vinyls)

Quote Originally Posted by xbelt View Post
    you can't describe it xD it's the feeling and the quality. it's just great.
    Before I had TT's I had a VCI-100 and I thought you could do everything with it but the feeling you get with vinyl is great. That's why I switched from digital to analog. (Well I do something of a hybrid. I use timecodes and real vinyls)
    For a duel TT & vci 100 setup, id need an audio 4 yes?
    Might invest in a cheapish pair down the road, when i get another job :S haha.. A mixer would then be necessary aswell?

Thanks heaps
    fusion

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    For a duel TT & vci 100 setup, id need an audio 4 yes?
    Might invest in a cheapish pair down the road, when i get another job :S haha.. A mixer would then be necessary aswell?

Thanks heaps
    fusion
    If you want to use timecodes or your vci-100 you need at least an audio 4.
    But it doesn't matter if you use a mixer oder the vci-100.

To the original post, I am a bit baffled at this promoters problem? I have been out a lot recently and I don't live in a big city but I have probably only seen one place (out of many) that didn't have a dj with a laptop. Hell, even the small bar down the road from me had a guy Serato with a VCI 300.
    If its the only place that you can play for any reason then if the guy liked you then I can't see his problem. He obviously like the music and execution on your mix so he needs to wind his neck in?
    If you want to beat match and deepen your trade then go for it but i wouldn't use this as a reason as this sounds like it will not add anything to your sets and anyway it's not like you will be doing the same set on CDJ's or vinyl as this is not what you did to get the guy to like it in the first place?
    At the reply earlier saying "technically" your not a DJ if you don't use a disk when playing......... I don't know why you would post this, what did you hope to achieve by that statement. There are plenty of terms in language that use old terms in a modern way, this is just semantics!! So are you saying that aren't allowed to call a cherry-picker a cherry-picker if you aren't picking cherries?. Plus in this case is a radio DJ a DJ as they haven't used disks for years? We'll all be SJ's from now on (Song Jockey).
    Not having a go but come on?
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Fyoog View Post
    Hell, even the small bar down the road from me had a guy Serato with a VCI 300.
    Yes because digital DJ'ing is cheaper so in small cities you'll find more digital DJ's.
    (I also started as a digital DJ)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456