X Session Pro + Kontrol X1 ?
    Tech Mentor

Default X Session Pro + Kontrol X1 ?

The basic question is,

Would it work ?

And would anyone happen to have a mapping file for traktor?

Tech Wizard

Yeah it should work... people are using them in conjunction with other midi controllers.

I can give you an x-session tsi file I've been working on
    or there are others on here if you search.

There is i believe built in control of the X1 in traktor 1.2.4 - certainly I now have a tab in the settings called Kontrol X1, so I dunno if you need to edit the settings or it just works. Perhaps someone with an X1 can say.

Aren't you gonna get a lot of the same settings in both devices? My tsi for the x-session doesn't really have many fx mapped out it's a fairly simple mapping.

Oh -and if you go to the front page of djtt there is an article on using two controllers....
    Last edited by crankcaller; 02-25-2010 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Adding info

Tech Mentor

thanx

see i'm gunna use the x-session for volume and eq's.
    The kontrol x1 for the rest of the controls.

Get what i mean ?

Just keep the standard x1 mapping and let the thing Just Work ™.
    Then add an extra generic midi in the controller manager, point it to the x-session pro in/out and map it to your fancy. If you're using 2 decks then I suggest mapping the 6 extra knobs to gain/filter/key (although for the last two it kinda blows not having extra buttons to trigger them), but that's all up to you. Should be ready to go in 10 minutes tops!
    Last edited by bumtsch; 02-25-2010 at 03:42 PM.

yeah itll work real easy. 1.2.3 and 1.2.4 are both x1 ready and it will work upon plug up. also you can switch mappings on the x1 from standard to custom by clicking "shift +hotcue" to go into "midi" mode and use a custom mapping for the x1 on command (or use the x1 for a different software all together like mixvibes or torq or something)
    Durty Harry
    13" Macbook Pro, Numark TTXUSB, Vestax VMC002XLU (upgraded to cf-pcv crossfader,) Vestax PMC-05 PRO III, Audio 4 DJ, Kontrol X1, Traktor Scratch Duo. -----WWW.LABWERXDJS.NET-----

Tech Convert

Damn I sold mine (xsession pro) when I decided to get the vestax vci-100... maybe I should have kept it haha

I am interested to see how this works out for you. Let us know!

brukout