Arcade Mod Help

Thread: Arcade Mod Help

Tech Mentor

Default Arcade Mod Help

Hey im thinking of spicing up my life by doing the arcade mod on my vci! It will at least put off my craving for a midifighter for a while anyway. My main home is on a tiny island which kind of helps me as I know at least 2 machine shops already.

I really wanna get a quote from one of them to see if its financially viable, what do you think I should send them for them to give me an estimate? I was thinking of maybe one of the videos showing the process, and a few pictures etc. as obviously I dont have the drawings etc.

Any ideas where I can find some pics or what else to send/say?

Step 2 on this page is a DXF file (Autocad standard):
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2009/07/2...iy-arcade-mod/

Give it to the machine shop and tell them that all you need is the eight holes. They should be able to quote you from that. Rember that the material is aluminum and that it is thin (from a machinist point of view). This means it is easy to machine once they have it clamped down and locate two edges (both basic stuff for machinists).

Later, Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Student

just an idea, I heard there was a longer video for doing this mod... since you are no longer going to be producing the kits, how about posting the longer video?