Velour pads for your Sony MDR-7506 headphones

Default Velour pads for your Sony MDR-7506 headphones

For those who love the Sony MDR-7506 or MDR-V6 studio headphones but are jealous of the padded plushyness of the Sennheisers, here's your solution, aftermarket velour earpads for your cans:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ads_Pair_.html

No more sweaty pleather. You're welcome.

I'm looking for something like that for my mdr-v700. The original pads are too thin and my ears start to hurt after some time. A nice thick soft pad would be awesome.

^^^ This. Update if you find any.

Come to think of it, are those plush ones above universal? or would they fit MDR-V700's? If I remember correctly, I think I once put oval pads on a round pair of headphones and it just stretched to fit fine... hummmm....
    Last edited by Villinus; 02-27-2010 at 12:14 PM.

Tech Guru

I actually installed those on my 12 year old pair of 7506's and they now look brand new.

Pros: Comfy, they feel very nice. They look nice and the pads are a better fit than the original. This helps with bass response and outside noise isolation.

Cons: If you are a sweaty DJ these might not be for you. I am def a sweaty DJ and these get damp. It's not a problem until you take them out of the bag the next day and get grossed out by the dampness (even worse if another DJ shared the headphones YUCK). These also get warm when you are mixing so think of that before you purchase.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::