beaTunes?? anybody know if its good
    Tech Wizard

Default beaTunes?? anybody know if its good

hi,

i am looking for a program to clean up my itunes a bit and find BPM, any body know if this beaTunes is any good or anything programs you guys reccomend???

Tech Mentor

I didn't have any success with beaTunes really but I guess it varies from collection to collection. Try the free Musicbrainz app http://musicbrainz.org/doc/MusicBrainz_Picard It's not has pretty as TuneUP www.tuneupmedia.com but it can get the job done.

Detecting BPM can be done in Traktor if you use that. If you are using mp3's in iTunes, be aware that the BPM field only supports whole numbers, not for example 120.8 bpm.

Tech Mentor

On a side note, if you want to create playlists automatically... please don't. Do it by hand, it takes the fun away of crafting a nice set and you wont enjoy the overall performance as much I reckon.

Hey man,

I use my itunes library to play through Traktor and use BeatTunes to organize my library. I think it does the job as well as alternatives out there. If it's not detecting the BPM of your tracks properly you can always use the tap beat function to do it manually.
    http://mixcloud.com/audioaerosol
    Black MacBook 2.4ghz 750gb HD, 8gb RAM
    XDJ Aero & Rekordbox

Tech Guru

i use beatunes more for cleaning up typos and missing data. i also use it for key detection though i dont really do a lot of harmonic mixing.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music