Analogue CrossFader HELP!

Default Analogue CrossFader HELP!

Hi Gang,

I just scored a not so new 2 channel DJ Mixer off a mate whose a DJ down in Melbourne!

I have completley stripped it down to the circuit board and blown everything out with compressed air and contact cleaner and put it back together!

Now what's wrong with it...

The crossfader is buggered, It won't fade out the channels completley or evenly unless I physically hold it against it's fully closed position!

The brand of it is Peak Audio 2 Channel DJ-14 DJ Mixer

I can not find anything on google or ebay about it! It must be well and truly super-seeded!

So can I find a crossfader from another brand like Gemini, Numark, Omnitronic? As long as it has the same 6 pin connector the only thing I have to worry about then is if it physically fits right???

The main aim is to get this dinosaur functional at minimum cost just to get me started cause I get my tables in a few weeks time!

I'll attach some pictures of the removed fader itself and the beast of a unit all spiffed up!

Thanks guys,

Any help is much appreciated in my quest to be the biggest tight arse in DJ history!

MixCloud

Mac Mini w/2GB Ram + Traktor 1.2 + BCD3000 + 61 Midi Keyboard + Samson Q1U

Innofaaaaadeeeeer
    Durty Harry
    13" Macbook Pro, Numark TTXUSB, Vestax VMC002XLU (upgraded to cf-pcv crossfader,) Vestax PMC-05 PRO III, Audio 4 DJ, Kontrol X1, Traktor Scratch Duo. -----WWW.LABWERXDJS.NET-----

The innofader will cost you more than a brand new mixer. It's a great fader if you're going for that kind of quality; otherwise check the dimensions of the fader and see what you can find for a lot cheaper -- you ought to be able to replace it for like $25. You might try to figure out what's wrong with the one you have though; often problems can be solved with a little bit of cailube.

Yeah thanks guys I'm just after a VERY cost effective fix for the fader!

The innofader is prob going to be worth 10 times more than the mixer itself!

I can get an AVE Mixer with my Citronic PD-1's for extra $50 so later this month when I buy the pack I'll get the mixer thrown in!

2 Citronic PD-1's & AVE 2 Channel Mixer $499.00 AUD!
    MixCloud

If you do buy an innovader you could always put it in your new mixer when if you buy one down the track... something to think about !

It is a bit out of my price range! : (

Plus because I'm just starting out then I would put the money into vinyl, slipmats, records, coffin, etc!

I'm the type to approach things sort of bare bones and minimalist! Basic low end gear to learn how to play without having any hi end stuff and gadgety features covering up my lack of skill! ; )

Anyone know what these Citronic PD-1's are like first hand?
    MixCloud