.....or.....
    Numark V7

at the moment, we (my DJ duo) are looking at getting the Numark V7
    -MOTORISED full midi turntable with its own slip mat and mock-vinyl
    -5 hotcues + a shift button for 5 more
    the list goes on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=menCJNMKnks

HOWEVER, it is made for ITCH users in mind. My question is:
    Can it be mapped to Traktor and still be able to use the motorised turntable and all of the other features.

Any other suggestion for fully midi turntables or controllers with jog wheels which you can scratch with FOR TRAKTOR would be great.

CHEERS

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle_K View Post
    Hey guys,
    Can it be mapped to Traktor and still be able to use the motorised turntable and all of the other features.

Any other suggestion for fully midi turntables or controllers with jog wheels which you can scratch with FOR TRAKTOR would be great.
    As of right now, the NS7 does not have full support for Traktor as of right now. DJ Quartz has put a lot of time into it and, from what I understand, there isn't full platter support. Now, Quartz caurrently has a modified version of Traktor that does have full support, albeit with the blessing of NI.

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...=79010&page=51

With that said, I wouldn't buy a V7 for traktor just yet. It appears that there will be support at some point in the future, we just don't know if it will be 2 months or next year.

With that said, I use ITCH with my NS7 and love it. When Traktor fully supports the NS7/V7, you'll love it as well.

the platter isn't midi its HID. So if you map it to something it acts crazy buggy

Tech Guru

Timecode vinyl? DJTT put it best:

"we dont see the point of a controller that works almost as well as real vinyl, at double the price"

Quote Originally Posted by sine143 View Post
    Timecode vinyl? DJTT put it best:

"we dont see the point of a controller that works almost as well as real vinyl, at double the price"

Doing an A-B listening of a wav recording of the cramps "garbage man" on my ns7 versus the vinyl copy, I hear:
    - no difference in playback
    - I feel like the resolution is the same when scrubbing/moving the platter
    - in scratching playback, again no difference. Scratching and rubbing the very same snare hits.
    - changing the pitch, this is where I hear a difference and artifacts. But these are the very same you would hear using timecode on a real turntable.

And its really only double the price if you buy the shittiest comparable parts. Looking at the ns7 for 1300...
    2 1200s is like 600 bucks, a basic 2 channel mixer like a pmc05 is another 2 hundo and that serato time code box is like 3 or 4 ain't it? Oh and without an extra controller you lose cue points, loops and looper, and file browser...

Tech Guru

eh, Dunno where you bought your 1200s, got mine for 300 total and they work like a beaut. Granted, I dont use timecode either, and right now the 1200s are only used for personal listening (I know, sacrilege). I'm on traktor pro, so I guess I'd have to buy the upgrade to scratch, or grab duo. After that im golden I guess.

Hercules remix is good for timecode setups, cause you get soundcard and additional buttons (was a setup being sold over in the buy/sell section).

Again, I dont scratch very much (see: shitty, please god dont let him scratch), but I assume that when you are getting into advanced scratch techniques, larger platter size starts to offer great control.

No I get you man, I just think some people have a knee jerk reaction to itch.
    where I see it as a benefit to me - I love listening to my vinyl transfers, little productions or digital library and anytime I hear something that strikes me being able to wind back and cue it, loop it, or sample it either in ableton or record it into crates in seratos browser. I've found myself with a lot more good one shot samples loops and other phrases actually recorded and saved for controllerist fun in ableton. Ha I'm no scratcher I just think its of comparable price to dvs, has the platters, and depending on how you use it has the ability to act as a performance sampler capable of resampling.

That's a good deal on 1200s last time I looked at ebay they were about 300 each

Tech Guru

yeah man, wasnt an ebay deal. Got em from a guy I know locally.

Ah lucky you, ha all my friends have ever offered for sale was an over priced mpc. This dude at work is seriously always asking me if I want to buy a 3rd hand well used mpc1000 for like double what they go for on ebay. Lol

so, then what would you guys think of something like the:
    EKS OTUS
    or
    SCS.1d by stanton?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast