Migrating entire Traktor setup to new laptop?
    Tech Wizard

Default Migrating entire Traktor setup to new laptop?

I use my VCI-100SE with Traktor pro on my Desktop PC (XP) and have it set up in my living room. However, I’m starting to do gigs out in clubs now and I will be using my macbook.

The thing is, I would like to migrate everything over so its the same as it is on my pc, when it goes on to my laptop. Things like beatgridding, playlists etc etc. Is it possible to migrate all the files and settings etc from my pc over to my macbook?

Is this possible does anyone know?
    Thanks
    Last edited by colly; 03-01-2010 at 10:57 AM.

Tech Mentor

Yeah its pretty easy. Save your TSI's and whatever external settings you have for your controllers and move those over to your mac. Copy your library onto your mac and then when you install traktor redirect it to the new source of music and voila youre golden. I had to do this when I went from vista to 7, pretty simple with an external hard-drive which I strongly suggest you get and use.
    Silly DJ loops are for kids!

Tech Wizard

Thanks, ok so I have all ym music stored on "D:\Music" - Do I just copy that folder over? Where are the beatgrids and cue points etc - I want to make sure they come too...

Tech Mentor

unless Im missing something, its all stored in the song itself. Wheres Santos when you need him lol

Tech Wizard

I came from using Torq and it creates a seperate .tks file which holds alll that info. I don;t think an mp3 can store that type of info but I could be wrong...

Tech Mentor

The only reason Im sure that it does it in the song itself is because of when I moved everything to my new setup I just copied my Itunes music folder and it worked just fine, didnt have to redo any cues, loops, ect

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Yeah the info is in the file (supported file types only).

when you import the collection you will be prompted, tell it to read from the files and all should be peachy.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

The cue points and grid markers are saved in tags. I can vouch that this works whilst (god that word makes me sound smart) moving through collections and computers.

Traktor Pro writes the changes to the tags every time you unload a track from a deck. Make sure you export your TSI with all pertinent information, and you should be fine. Keep backups, though, just in case.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall