Pitch faders doing crazy things on VCI-100SE with Traktor Pro...
    Tech Wizard

Default Pitch faders doing crazy things on VCI-100SE with Traktor Pro...

Since I got my vci I have noticed that the pitch faders sometimes go all weird. When I load a song, the pitch fader on the vci will be in the middle, but when I look at the traktor screen, the pitch will be several stops up or down. I would then eg move the pitch on the vci all the way to the top but it would only be in the middle in Traktor.

I only just noticed that you can click the little + and - buttons to get it back to normal, but it does not seem to stay that way, I often have to adjust it.

Also, my pitch range from top to bottom seems quite small, only 3-4 bpm, how do I extend it slightly?
    Thanks

Your last question has an easy anwer: http://twitpic.com/162ndt
    click on a pitch range that suites you best (it's probably at 8% now) and try again.. fixed!

Your first problem: you say it happens occasionally? are these random moments or after specific time/action? or when another app is running?

Maybe you've looked into this idea, but if your decks are set to reset settings on each song load, the faders might be zeroing out at the last position you left them in.

In this case you can map the pitch with hardware override (the technical term for which escapes me) or turn the deck reset setting off entirely.

*edit: hard takeover is the term, I believe.
    Last edited by PartyMcFly; 03-01-2010 at 09:20 PM. Reason: my memory sucks

Tech Wizard

Cheers guys. While looking through the settings I saw one that tells it to reset all the deck controls when you load a new track - i think this must be it...